“Awesome!”

Bilmar Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My fiancee and I spent 3 nights at the Bilmar for his birthday and since I'm a wedding coordinator I wanted to look around for some wedding venue choices also. We found the Bilmar Beach Resort online and arrived early (before check-in time)so we got a room with limited view. My fiancee asked if we can change rooms and with no questions ask we got the best room ever, 7th floor with a beautiful ocean view. I was really impressed with the service. The front desk staff was friendly, the rooms were very clean and the location perfect. Restaurants, bars, Publix, Walgreens all within walking distance. The beach is huge and the sunset breathtaking. Before check out I met with the catering Manager that took time from his busy schedule to show me around and give me some event information. He was very friendly and helpful. Tumbs up for Bilmar Beach Resort! I will definitely recommend it to my family, friends and future brides .
Stephanie G.
Your Fantasy Event
West Palm Beach

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie G
GMBBR, General Manager at Bilmar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you very much for the wonderful compliments for the service and accommodations. I truly appreciate you sharing your comments with your fellow travelers. Celebrating weddings at the Bilmar is a tradition on Treasure Island for over 50 years and we love making the event memorable for the bride and groom as well as their family and friends. Also thank you for referring us to your friends and clients. We look forward to your return.
Sincerely, Clyde Smith – General Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very nice property with a central location to many stores and restaurants. The front desk staff was very welcoming and accommodating and the maid service took great care of the room. The Bilmar has two pools and several dining options. The beach is fantastic at the Bilmar. We are going back to Florida in October and will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cebakes
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was so relaxed and blown away by the service. My family had no complaints at all. We were never so happy being at the bilmar. The beach is vary clean and huge! the whole place is vary clean. A perfect place for children of all ages with the two pools. It is even perfect for older people as well. we miss being there so vary much! A lot of things to do. The always plan an activity for the whole family.

Room Tip: my room faced the beach, that was our favorite part of staying there waking up to the birds and the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a pretty big hotel with lots of amenities. The staff were friendly the rooms were nice. It is technically beach front but be prepared for a walk if you wanna go in the water. There are a ton of restaurants and bars within walking distance. I would recommend it!

Room Tip: If they give you a pool side room ask if the window faces the pool or just the door. My room had a p...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary, 1st time I'd been to treasure island and couldn't believe the size of the beach here! The service was impeccable! Room was nicely updated..plenty of activities to do...Sloppy Joes was unbelievable!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debi T
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Girls week 7/8-7/12/13. It was awesome! It's a great place for the price & I mean that in the best way. Two nice bar/restaurant (both appropriate for all ages). Inside dining, outside dining. Good food, service, prices (bottled domestic beer $3!). Two nice pools. It's very nice, and in a great safe location. Lots of places to eat & drink within walking distance. Rooms were great. Get a balcony room facing the ocean - sooooo worth it!! I just can't say enough good about it. Every staff person every position was very nice, clean rooms, nice stay for everyone I would think.

I would concur with another reviewer however that just the one elevator in the tower was a major downer - slow, and then HOT inside it. Pools can always use more umbrellas especially in the Florida sun. Plenty of umbrellas though for outdoor dining, and the sunsets are so beautiful!! There is live music some nights thru sunset, and I hear you have to be there on Sunday for the drum circle on the beach. Just book it and go!

Room Tip: Ocean view with balcony reasonable price & totally worth it. You're at the ocean!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Greenbean1000
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights over last Thanksgiving. The review is a bit late but the fact that my husband and kids keep asking when we can go back prompted me to write this. The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside but rooms are nice and beach front view is spectacular! 2 pools and the hot tub were perfect. It was a nice, relaxing, budget friendly beach-front vacation!

We loved Sloppy Joes and actually had a pretty good Thanksgiving meal there! The kids loved the light up cups and we couldn't believe they were included in the price of their meal. We had just come from Disney where they nickel and dime you out of everything.

No future Disney trip will end without a short stay at the Bilmar in the future! We may even return without Disney first!

• Stayed: November 2012