Bilmar Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Thunderbird Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
iBeach Resort(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Surf Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Trade Winds Motel(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Black Pearl Resort(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Lorelei Resort Motel(Treasure Island)
2,254 results
All reviewssloppy joespalms buildingacross the streetresort feepaddle boardswithin walking distancelive musicstove tophot tubdrug storewatch the sunsetflat screen tvlong walkthird floorgulf of mexicospring breakjohn's pass
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed here before and as usual it was just as good as the first time. There is no other place we would stay when we travel there again.The beach is just wonderful and it is close to the Publix grocery store and the ice cream shop across the street is also wonderful . The parking was hit and miss but we always got lucky. Sloppy joes was very tasty but kind of a expensive dinner. But we were on vacation and i tend to budget high.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lorat3
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I, would love to express the "AWESOME STAY WE HAD AT BILMAR BEACH RESORT" We Relaxed, Enjoyed the beach, (DINNER AT SLOPPY JOES WAS PERFECT, AS WELL AS BREAKFAST AT BAZZIES) Everyone, from the person helping guests find parking, The Ladies & Gentleman at the Front Desk, gave us a very Friendly Welcome!! The ROOM was decorated Beautifully, Everything was top notch:) So We just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A WONDERFUL WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!!
MIKE & TAMMY

Room Tip: "PENTHOUSE Large and Sunny and Quiet"
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

If only I could have vegged out for the week at the Bilmar Beach Resort.

I spent the week of Aug. 26 here on a newspaper assignment during the Republican National Convention.

Think Ocean's 11 meets "I Like Ike."

The resort and its staff couldn't have been more hospitable and pleasant.

My room was clean as a whistle and was on the ground level with a sliding glass door opening right onto the beach.

The Gulf of Mexico is about three football fields from the resort itself, which was a relief during Tropical Storm Isaac.

From answering my questions on the phone before my stay to checking on my cab the day of my departure, the staff gets high marks.

While the hotel is 28 miles from downtown Tampa, a punishing commute during convention week, the Bilmar served as a comfortable base of operations.

Don't get hung up on the name, Sloppy Joe's, the hotel restaurant and bar, has an extensive menu and a fun little social scene.

There's a Walgreen's directly across the street where you can stock up on supplies and there are fridges in the rooms.

On the day of checkout, I left in a hurry and forgot the cord from my electric razor in the bathroom. The housekeeping staff was kind enough to mail it to me.

I would recommend the Bilmar to a friend and hope to return because, as they say, all work and no play....

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We live in Tampa and have stayed up and down the the Pinellas County Coast at various hotels from Clearwater Beach to St. Pete Beach on weekend getaways. We decided to try the Bilmar resort for a couple days and were not disappointed. The entire staff is friendly and service is great. When one of the lamps did not work in our room we called the front desk and they fixed it right away. Bazzies is great for any meal, especially breakfast. They had great musical entertainment on the patio in the evening. We could watch it all from out room. We had a Gulf front room with a private balcony, microwave oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, etc. Sunsets on the Gulf were fantastic. Two pools are available onsite. We sat by the fireplace one night and asked them to light the fire for us, which they promptly did. Sloppy Joe's is right next door with great atmosphere and food. Ricky T's Bar and Grille is across the street with great late night entertainment, fun crowd, and good old-fashioned beach bar experience. Walgreen's and Publix are nearby for any additional supplies that might be needed. For a wonderful laid-back beach experience on the Gulf of Mexico at a reasonable price, it's tough to beat the Bilmar Beach Resort. We will definitely return for another weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Try Bazzies at the Bilmar for breakfast. In the evening sit outside by the fireplace in the courtyard by the interior pool and ask them to light it for you. Sip a drink and relax by the fire. Go to Ricky T's for evening entertainment, but it gets crowded outside quickly and there is no place to sit. The entertainment is outside, so you need to get there early. Sloppy Joe's is great for food and atmosphere. Try the blue cheese chips appetizer if you are ready to break from the healthy diet for a moment. Also, there is a restaurant named the Pearl within a couple minutes walking distance. Go there before 5:45 to get a premium meal at a discount "early bird" price.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Couples_Memory
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just want to thank the staff at the Bilmar Beach Resort for the outstanding hospitality during my stay in August. Right from the drop off from the airport - Coty was on my elbow handling my bags and getting me to my room and all week he was just available for anything I needed.

Michael at the front desk (and all the folks at the front desk) were great. They helped with dinner arrangements and directions and even movie arrangements. Friendly, accommodating, exceptional customer service.

The housekeeping staff (my favorite person, Lisa) was charming, funny, more than helpful, she made our room look immaculate every day and took exceptional care of us all week.

The restaurant was very good, prices were fair, and staff was friendly and quick. The hotel was very clean and in very good shape, perfectly located.

This is truly a place I will be coming back with my friends - the beach was kept clean - and you just had to walk out and get a chair and a cabana to enjoy a beautiful day. (even when it rained - the hurricane didn't keep the staff from having a smile and big hello.

If this sounds too much, sorry, I really had an excellent time and the hotel and staff just made it a great trip.

Room Tip: Get a beach view...any floor - the view just makes it even better
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business