“Amazing”

Middle Grounds Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This place is so amazing that we hosted our wedding dinner here. We are the type that are spoiled by growing up North eating places in Chicago like Ruths Chris and Ditkas regularly. This not only competes, it surpasses. I'm not really a seafood person but those we have taken to Middle Grounds that are when in town visiting are so impressed that they want to go back the next night for more seafood. My husband and I LOVE the filet. Somehow fancy but not pretentious, this place is hands down amazing. I know we will celebrate many special occasions at Middle Grounds, as well as just popping in last minute for a Saturday night date.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank JVHansen

co.antrim
“Saved the best for last”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Having two vegetarians in our group finding decent places to cater to all our needs proved challenging to say the least!
On our last evening of a two week vacation I suggested Middle grounds grill as i had been wanting to eat here for some time but hadnt got round to it yet.How glad i was.The veggies loved their meals and us carnivoires were impressed as well.RESULT!!!
I will certainly will eat here again on my next trip to the area and am so pleased that my neice and her partner went home after a positive dining experience in Florida

Shelbyville, Kentucky
“Excellent service and scallops, decent food otherwise”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Excellent service all the way around - from the valet guys to the hostess to our wonderful waitress, Kirsten, the staff went out of their way to take care of us and make us welcome. My husband had the scallops and raved about how perfectly seared they were and he loved them. His meal deserves 5 stars. My kids had the shrimp dinner, which was overly breaded and fried shrimp - they were satisfied. The waitress got my daughter just carrots instead of the vegetable medley. My son had the grilled chicken, which they substituted for him due to an allergy, it was seasoned and grilled nicely. However, they soaked his broccoli in butter before serving and he wouldn't eat it. I had the goat cheese salad and it was too chock full of hearts of palm, and overly dressed - I was disappointed. I ordered grilled shrimp on the side of my salad and they were not seasoned at all and slightly overcooked. The bread was good and the atmosphere was fabulous.

Maine
“Definitely the best!!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My fiancé & I went to the Middle Grounds Restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. We were looking for a place to eat that would be at lat superb...and this restaurant met the bill.

First of all, we showed up on a Friday night, without reservations, and we're escorted to a table immediately. Not that they weren't busy! They were.

I should admit that I'm a "land lubber", as we're called in Maine; those of us who don't eat seafood. We had the good fortune to have Pete for a waiter and he was excellent!! it seemed as though seafood was definitely the focus of Middle Grounds and it was refreshing to see that they were also catering to us "land lubbers".

Pete made some suggestions for salads as well as entrees and he was spot on! The filet mignon was par excellence! It would definitely rival the best filets I've had, and as a land lubber, ive had a lot of filets!

My partner enjoyed the lamb, again at the recommendation of Pete and again, he was not disappointed.

I must conclude, however, with my absolute favorite..the Milk Chocolate Martini! This specialty drink was made of Godiva chocolate...white AND dark chocolate...and several other ingredients that made it orgasmically good!!!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“If you love FRESH SEAFOOD - this is your place!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Impeccable, friendly service - fantastic food, upscale casual dining. You cannot go wrong here. The mango pecan encrusted grouper was cooked to absolute perfection and one of the best seafood dishes I have EVER had. Definitely give this place a try. Prices are $$$ out a scale of $ thru $$$$. You won't regret it!

• Visited September 2013