“Excellent service and scallops, decent food otherwise”

Middle Grounds Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Shelbyville, Kentucky
“Excellent service and scallops, decent food otherwise”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Excellent service all the way around - from the valet guys to the hostess to our wonderful waitress, Kirsten, the staff went out of their way to take care of us and make us welcome. My husband had the scallops and raved about how perfectly seared they were and he loved them. His meal deserves 5 stars. My kids had the shrimp dinner, which was overly breaded and fried shrimp - they were satisfied. The waitress got my daughter just carrots instead of the vegetable medley. My son had the grilled chicken, which they substituted for him due to an allergy, it was seasoned and grilled nicely. However, they soaked his broccoli in butter before serving and he wouldn't eat it. I had the goat cheese salad and it was too chock full of hearts of palm, and overly dressed - I was disappointed. I ordered grilled shrimp on the side of my salad and they were not seasoned at all and slightly overcooked. The bread was good and the atmosphere was fabulous.

• Visited October 2013

Maine
“Definitely the best!!!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My fiancé & I went to the Middle Grounds Restaurant to celebrate a special occasion. We were looking for a place to eat that would be at lat superb...and this restaurant met the bill.

First of all, we showed up on a Friday night, without reservations, and we're escorted to a table immediately. Not that they weren't busy! They were.

I should admit that I'm a "land lubber", as we're called in Maine; those of us who don't eat seafood. We had the good fortune to have Pete for a waiter and he was excellent!! it seemed as though seafood was definitely the focus of Middle Grounds and it was refreshing to see that they were also catering to us "land lubbers".

Pete made some suggestions for salads as well as entrees and he was spot on! The filet mignon was par excellence! It would definitely rival the best filets I've had, and as a land lubber, ive had a lot of filets!

My partner enjoyed the lamb, again at the recommendation of Pete and again, he was not disappointed.

I must conclude, however, with my absolute favorite..the Milk Chocolate Martini! This specialty drink was made of Godiva chocolate...white AND dark chocolate...and several other ingredients that made it orgasmically good!!!

• Visited October 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“If you love FRESH SEAFOOD - this is your place!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Impeccable, friendly service - fantastic food, upscale casual dining. You cannot go wrong here. The mango pecan encrusted grouper was cooked to absolute perfection and one of the best seafood dishes I have EVER had. Definitely give this place a try. Prices are $$$ out a scale of $ thru $$$$. You won't regret it!

2 Thank TheBigQueenB
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Beautiful restaurant and good food”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Two of us showed up for dinner on a Monday evening without a reservation and were warmly greeted and seated. Love the metallic colors in the decor. One person ordered rack of lamb and the other, the Chilean sea bass special. Both entrees were excellent, as well as the service. House salads were also very good. Veggie sides were not that great-zucchini/squash were a little bland and the broccoli was a little crunchy. Bring your wallet.

1 Thank Anna B
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Great (perhaps the best) choice in Treasure Island”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had a fantastic meal here on our second night in TI. The restaurant was large, although not super busy on a thursday night. The waiter recommended reservations for Friday and Saturday. The waiter was excellent, very attentive and friendly, and very knowledgable about the menu. We ordered a lot of food and he made sure we had a place to put it, could we not eat it all (we did take a number of things back to the hotel fridge). The food was very good. The pork belly nachos special was especially great as well as my grouper.
I also thought the prices were reasonable for a nice dinner out. Next time we come down here, we will visit again.

1 Thank angelambudd