“Nice view of the gulf thats about it”

Treasure Bay Resort & Marina
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Holiday, Florida
“Nice view of the gulf thats about it”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I must say the view from the room was great and the hotel itself was located in a great location. A few things that I was not pleased with was the hardness of the bed for some this may not be a problem and the shortage of towels. I am not sure what system they have of how they determine how many towels go in a room. In my opinion if it is a two queen bed bedroom you would think they would provide you with four towels; but they didn't they provided us with two. When I had asked for additional towels they stated that they had ran out and that they only had one washer and dryer. They tried to offer us pool towels that were like sand paper. I just thought for a hotel and the price per night we would be able to have the proper amount of towels needed without the hassle. The customer service wasn't the greatest either. To top it off the next morning we have a morning view of a drunk guy passed out on a chair at the pool that other guest of the hotel had to deal with as well that did have kids; keep in mind this was at 8 in the morning unacceptable in my opinion. I probably will not have another stay at this hotel just with the experience that I've had did not meet my expectations.

Room Tip: Make sure you specifically say gulf view .
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I loved everything about the hotel. I especially liked that besides the office door there were different ways to enter the building. The balcony was awesome and the view was perfect. You could see the beach right from the balcony. My only concern was that the elevator broke twice when we were there. It was very slow so we took the stairs most of the time. Also the hallways had a fishy smell to them. But the rooms smelled okay.Overall, if we go back to Treasure Island we'll defiantly be back.

Room Tip: The second floor was nice. It was the only floor with a club room and had access to the sun patio.
1 Thank adventuress21
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Lovely place and staff. When I visit Treasure Island, I don't even waste my time looking elsewhere. I had a view of the bay this time and preferred it. The hotel is very attentive to guests and each visit I have made just makes me come back again.

Room Tip: I have had the gulf view and the bay view. I personally preferred the bay view the fourth time aroun...
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location right on gulf blvd (and steps from the beach!) Room was simple but clean and decorated nicely. Marina was right outside our patio door. There is no breakfast, but they will give you coupons at the front desk for Waffle House.

• Stayed July 2014
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Special thanks to Phyllis McMillan and her staff - THEY WHERE AMAZING! It was a very clean, very quiet Hotel and so close to everything in Treasure Island / Johns Pass / Madeira Beach. We will stay there every opportunity we can.

Room Tip: Bay side is best
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank FloridaKateO
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for just one night on 18.7.14.
The rooms were not ready at 3pm and we had to wait about half an hour for our first room and about 45 minutes for the second room. However the rooms were spacious, clean and air conditioned. The views of the Gulf were a little exaggerated on the website but as we were there only one night it was not a real problem. The staff were a little harassed by the heat and the rooms not being ready but were helpful and apologetic. The beach was just across the road which was a huge bonus. The car park was very close by. Fresh cold water in reception was gratefully accepted. The price was reasonable and I would recommend this hotel for a stay at Treasure Island.

Room Tip: A Gulf view or a Marina view both acceptable. rooms on the ground floor with gulf view lead straigh...
1 Thank Viagga
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2014

So I liked it and didn't like it at the same time. I think it will depend on what is most important to you.

Here are the good things:
1.Location - right across from beach. Nice view from hotel.
2.Good Service, nice people.
3. Clean room.
4. Spacious rooms with mini fridge and microwave.
5. Lower price.
6. Quiet if you have room that is in the back of the hotel facing canal, not beach.
7. Nice little deck area for watching sunset.
8. Free parking space.

Things I didn't like:
1. AC unit is wall unit that blows right on bed.
2. Only three flat bed pillows per bed. Although you can request more flat pillows.
3. Only sheets on bed really, the 'blanket' is very thin and sheet like. So when AC turns on, about every 2 minutes, you freeze. Then it will shut off and you will warm up. There are no additional linens in the room.
4. Look from outside hotel - appears like those old hotels with pool in front. It really is old hotel they have remodeled.
5. Traffic noise if you look toward beach.
6. Also, we did see where many people were booked into one hotel room to save money.

I don't think I would stay here again because I really need a good night's sleep and didn't like the a/c and bed issues. But if that doesn't bother you it is fine.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room on the back of the hotel by the canal. It is quiet back there.
2 Thank KimberlyM223