We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. This is definitely the best for the price range in the area.
We arrived in Tampa at 10am and I called the manager to see if we could check in early, she said "Of course, come on down." Our check in took a matter of 5 minutes, we had our choice of which floor and which view we wanted. We were in our room unpacking right away. The room was updated with nice bedding, dark wood cabinetry and a small kitchenette. There was plenty of room for storing food/drinks, etc. a small refrigerator and a microwave. There is a Publix a couple of blocks away, so we were able to buy lunches for our entire stay.
Most importantly, the room was extremely clean, housekeeping was always in our room cleaning almost immediately after we left for the day (I had to run back upstairs to get something and the room was already being cleaned!). Every time I walked through the lobby, there was someone washing windows, wiping down walls, or sweeping/washing the floors.
While this is not on the beach, it is directly opposite a public beach access, so there is an unobstructed view of the beach. However, it is one of the widest sections of the beach, so you certainly don't hear the waves from your balcony. The marina side is very quiet and beautiful, so next time I think I would chose that side since there is a good beach view from the rooftop patio/breakfast room.
The pool is on the small side, but since the hotel was not too full, there was never more than a few other people there. It may be more crowded during busy season.
I've seen some complaints about the "continental breakfast" in reviews, but I didn't see anything about breakfast in any of the reservation pages, or hotel info, so the fact that we got pastries and breakfast bars each morning was actually a bonus. Also, there is 24 hr hot tea and coffee....none of which I knew about before booking this hotel.
When my husband had a question about local boat rental and parasailing, the manager (I believe Phyllis) made a phone call, got us the info we needed AND a discount!
I really don't have a bad word to say about this place. From the friendly, helpful front desk staff, to the cleanliness, to the location, everything was great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Paradise ... Beautiful beaches, incredible views overlooking the waterfront marina and gulf!o Conveniently located across the street from the Gulf of Mexico and Bay Front on Boca Ciega Bay.o Beautiful new marina - come to Treasure bay by land or sea!o Refreshing Heated Pool and Relaxing Spa.o Fitness Center, Coin Laundry, onsite ATM.o Rooftop Seating on Sundeck with Stunning Gulf Views.o All rooms have private patios/balconies.o Public Beach across from the hotel with children's play area, volleyball and cabanas.o Walking distance to dining and shopping.o Located within one mile of John's Pass Village and Boardwalk featuring fabulous restaurants, entertainment and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Treasure Bay Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Bay Hotel And Marina
- Treasure Island Bay Hotel Marina
- Treasure Bay Resort & Marina Treasure Island, Florida