Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best Kayaking experience!

My rather large family booked a kayak and paddle board tour of Johns Pass with Mad Beach. I was... read more

Reviewed February 17, 2020
Footprints81409
Paddle board to the sandbar

Very laid back, easy company to book with! We took a two hour rental and had a great time. It was a... read more

Reviewed July 23, 2019
bgrif3fan
Kansas City, Missouri

Recommended experiences in and around Treasure Island
from $53.77
from $118.79
from $89.25
More Info
All reviews tunnel tide dolphins mangroves kayak
Selected filters
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

I brought my 15 year old daughter and her best friend to Treasure Island for a girls get away. And I have to admit I was a little nervous about this because I had never been on a stand up paddle board before. And I wouldn’t say it was “easy” but it was definitely not super challenging! It was, however, super fun and it was a beautiful day on the water! Jason and Carrie were wonderful guides and made us feel very comfortable throughout the tour! And my girls even made new friends!! Very well worth it!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank carmang2015
Jason K, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review. I always like to hear that our guests had a great time, and I'm glad that we got to add to the fun during your trip. I'm sure the girls will stay connected in this virtual world and you can plan your #girlstrip2019!

Reviewed June 10, 2018

Our family of four (ages 17 to 50) first time paddle boarders went on the sunset neon paddleboard adventure in June 2018. We made our purchase six weeks in advance, and experienced great communication at both the time of purchase and the week of our trip. Jason and Carrie were very personable and helpful in getting us acclimated to the paddle board. They were both patient when we were getting used to it, and provided a variety of options to allow us to be successful. They even happened to have a GoPro attachment that we were able to use. We loved getting to watch the sunset from the sand bar, and were able to be within feet of dolphins on the paddle back.

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank pmkhs
MadBeachPaddlesports, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Sorry for the late response but thanks for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

My husband purchased a sunset paddleboard glow tour for my birthday. Although they can do tours for up to 13 people, it ended up just being my husband and I with the tour guide on this particular Friday evening. The owners, Jason and Jared, we’re courteous and professional every step of the way, from the booking process, to answering questions, and throughout the tour itself. The paddle out to the sand bar is fairly quick so you can be leisurely about it. There was no feeling of needing to rush. They use Yolo boards which are super stable in the water and easy to control. The light kits that they attach to the boards are so fun once the sun sets. I highly recommend you give these guys your business if you’re planning a paddle boarding tour, or even just to rent boards during your visit. Support small business, especially one like this. They were superb!

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank toxinFL

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in the Madeira/St.Pete Beach area over Thanksgiving and decided to give SUP a try. A quick call to the main phone number made booking a reservation a breeze. The morning of our reservation our guide and Mad Beach owner, Jason, let us know if we wanted to meet a bit later due to some cold temps we could. Super nice gesture that we took him up on. After a quick how-to SUP lesson we were off. The bay Jason guided us through was gorgeous. We were able to see so many different species of birds and a few little fish. No dolphins on the trip but apparently he has seen them before. We ended up on Shell Key where we had a quick walk around and pondered how to quit our jobs and move to the beach. Soon enough we were back on the paddleboards heading to where we put it. Jason was great, it was worth every penny and were disappointed that we waited so long to give it a try. Next time we are in the area we will definitely use Mad Beach again.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank jbatisto

Thanks so much for the great review!

Reviewed November 5, 2017

Great option for a last minute kayak rental! My wife and I wanted to do some kayaking in the Treasure Island area - called at 8 AM on a Sunday, and had a reservation for an hour and a half later. Did a self-guided tour on two single-kayaks, and had a great time! Definitely recommended!

Date of experience: November 2017
2  Thank Nick S
Jason K, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

I'm glad I was able to get you and your wife on the water. Thank you.