Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from $45.00
More Info
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews paddle boarding sand bar madeira beach these guys barrie companies equipment instructions rental tours dolphins
Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

I've been wanting to tryout paddle boarding and decided there was no time like the present. Did a little research and Mad Beach had the best prices and they delivered. Called him up and he was at our condo in 30 minutes or less. When I called to have him pick it up he was there In 20. Very nice guy, gave me instructions on how to do it and had no problem at all. My children 8 and 10 and other family and friends loved it as much as I did. I recommend the all day rental it's definitely worth it and only $15 more than the 2 hr.

Date of experience: July 2017
Jason K, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

I'm pleased to hear that you and your family had a good time with the paddle boards. Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

We rented kayaks and paddle boards. Great service! They met us on time and were very friendly and competent. Equipment was well maintained. I would highly recommend Mad Beach Paddlesports! Saw dolphins and manatees!!!!

Date of experience: June 2017
MadBeachPaddlesports, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Thank you for the review and recommendation. I'm glad you had a chance to get close to the marine wildlife!

Reviewed May 28, 2017

We usually rent from another company during our short breaks to the area, but this time we wanted to try exploring a new area and I'm so glad we did! We called, met at a convenient launch point, and were on the intercoastal waterway within 90minutes of deciding to SUP! He even gave us tips for neat features to explore in the area, which turned out to be the best part. The price for our 2 hour rental was much lower than we have seen elsewhere, and the service and equipment were great. I cannot wait to go again, and will definitely be calling here first!

Date of experience: May 2017
MadBeachPaddlesports, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

It sounds like you had a great time and I'm glad I was able to contribute. Thank you for coming out!

Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

The staff was very helpful in accommodating my 8 year old niece who could not paddle on her own. He allowed me to take her as a passenger on mine after "other" companies told me to get a babysitter. My teenage daughter and other niece (first time stand up paddle boarder )had a great time and caught on quickly. We paddled out to a sand bar and spent the afternoon sunning and searching for critters. We didn't ser dolphins or manatees, but we had a memorable, fun experience!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank 986hebab
MadBeachPaddlesports, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

I'm glad that you were able to take the family out to the sandbar together on the SUPS. Everyone did great! Maybe next time you will get to see some dolphins or manatees. There are usually plenty of them around.

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

I've always wanted to try paddle boarding and it was the last day of vacation, everywhere else was closed because it was late In the day but this place was open. The downfall is that there is no actual building. The place on google that they tagged as mad beach paddle boarding is actually a bar on the beach. There is no store/building, so you give them a credit card to pay/reserve your spots. It seemed a little shady. If there's a whole bunch of fraudulent charges on my card or my identity gets stolen, I'll let you know. As far as the service it was decent, the 2 guys were friendly but no help at all if you've never been paddle boarding so we you tubed how to get on the boards. The LEDS on the boards worked well and it was pretty cool looking at the city lights at night. It cost 40$ a person, kinda pricey but a cool splurge on vacation. They told us to be there at 730, it was dark and kinda hard to find, we had to walk around the beach until we saw glowing boards. Also traffic on Madeira beach is pretty crazy in the evening. Overall pretty cool experience.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Nicky B
Jason K, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

While I appreciate the feedback I must express that I am somewhat offended about your question of "fraudulent charges or identity theft" Yes, we do take a credit card to hold reservations, just as every other company and business. It is standard. I can assure you in the 4 years so far that we have been in business, there have been no 'fraudulent' charges. It is not 'shady', it's our policy. Furthermore, we do have a "building", but we are mobile, so we meet at the Treasure Bay Resort & Marina, or a convenient and appropriate location, which we clearly communicate. The launch point we choose is based on the weather conditions, most importantly the wind. So we had you come to The Old Snack Shack, where we owned the beachfront concession. It's unfortunate that you felt we didn't give proper instruction. We certainly provide each guest with the necessary information. Sometimes it's a little tough, especially if you have never done it before. We do offer one on one lessons, but they are during the day, not at night. I'm glad you were able to watch some YouTube videos to become more confident. I gave you guys a promotional rate of $40 for 90 minutes on a premium paddleboard with multi-color changing waterproof LED system at 7:30 PM, when everyone else was closed. We use the absolute best lights available in the industry. The price I gave you was $10 lower than the standard. I do agree, it is a cool experience. Thank you for an overall positive review.