Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from $45.00
More Info
from $65.00
More Info
All reviews paddle boarding sand bar madeira beach these guys barrie companies equipment instructions rental tours dolphins
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

The staff was very helpful in accommodating my 8 year old niece who could not paddle on her own. He allowed me to take her as a passenger on mine after "other" companies told me to get a babysitter. My teenage daughter and other niece (first time stand up paddle boarder )had a great time and caught on quickly. We paddled out to a sand bar and spent the afternoon sunning and searching for critters. We didn't ser dolphins or manatees, but we had a memorable, fun experience!

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank 986hebab
MadBeachPaddlesports, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

I'm glad that you were able to take the family out to the sandbar together on the SUPS. Everyone did great! Maybe next time you will get to see some dolphins or manatees. There are usually plenty of them around.

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

I've always wanted to try paddle boarding and it was the last day of vacation, everywhere else was closed because it was late In the day but this place was open. The downfall is that there is no actual building. The place on google that they tagged as mad beach paddle boarding is actually a bar on the beach. There is no store/building, so you give them a credit card to pay/reserve your spots. It seemed a little shady. If there's a whole bunch of fraudulent charges on my card or my identity gets stolen, I'll let you know. As far as the service it was decent, the 2 guys were friendly but no help at all if you've never been paddle boarding so we you tubed how to get on the boards. The LEDS on the boards worked well and it was pretty cool looking at the city lights at night. It cost 40$ a person, kinda pricey but a cool splurge on vacation. They told us to be there at 730, it was dark and kinda hard to find, we had to walk around the beach until we saw glowing boards. Also traffic on Madeira beach is pretty crazy in the evening. Overall pretty cool experience.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Nicky B
Jason K, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

While I appreciate the feedback I must express that I am somewhat offended about your question of "fraudulent charges or identity theft" Yes, we do take a credit card to hold reservations, just as every other company and business. It is standard. I can assure you in the 4 years so far that we have been in business, there have been no 'fraudulent' charges. It is not 'shady', it's our policy. Furthermore, we do have a "building", but we are mobile, so we meet at the Treasure Bay Resort & Marina, or a convenient and appropriate location, which we clearly communicate. The launch point we choose is based on the weather conditions, most importantly the wind. So we had you come to The Old Snack Shack, where we owned the beachfront concession. It's unfortunate that you felt we didn't give proper instruction. We certainly provide each guest with the necessary information. Sometimes it's a little tough, especially if you have never done it before. We do offer one on one lessons, but they are during the day, not at night. I'm glad you were able to watch some YouTube videos to become more confident. I gave you guys a promotional rate of $40 for 90 minutes on a premium paddleboard with multi-color changing waterproof LED system at 7:30 PM, when everyone else was closed. We use the absolute best lights available in the industry. The price I gave you was $10 lower than the standard. I do agree, it is a cool experience. Thank you for an overall positive review.

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

The employees were great! Very nice and courteous. We had lots of fun for 2 hrs. Will definitely do it again. Great little place right on the waters edge.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Kassd56
Jason K, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Make sure you give us a call before you come out again because we are no longer permanently stationed on that beach. We are mobile and have some new wonderful areas to explore. Thank you!

Reviewed April 4, 2016

My daughter wanted to try paddle boarding, so after some searching, I found this guy, not to far from our condo! He only charged us $35.00 for two paddle boards for two hours. My daughter and my nieces had a blast!

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank Iliffmom3
Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

Best beach rental guy ever! Laid back and super friendly! We saw dolphins and sea turtles while paddle boarding! So glad we picked Mad Beach Paddle Sports! Public parking right in front of his spot and a snack bar, easy to find. Great day!

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank teresa218

I appreciate the great review. 'Laid-back' is what you want when you are at the beach. Thats awesome that you got to see a sea turtle. We don't see them very often beside when the babies hatch.