Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best Kayaking experience!

My rather large family booked a kayak and paddle board tour of Johns Pass with Mad Beach. I was... read more

Reviewed February 17, 2020
Footprints81409
Paddle board to the sandbar

Very laid back, easy company to book with! We took a two hour rental and had a great time. It was a... read more

Reviewed July 23, 2019
bgrif3fan
Kansas City, Missouri

Recommended experiences in and around Treasure Island
from $53.77
from $118.79
from $89.25
More Info
All reviews tunnel tide dolphins mangroves kayak
Selected filters
Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

Jason ran to the gas station to grab my husband and I bandaids after cutting our feet when we arrived and lended us a phone carrier to wear around our neck so we could take pictures while paddleboarding. He was a very nice guy and the paddleboarding was a lot of fun! I would definitely rent from them again!!

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

I've always wanted to try paddle boarding and it was the last day of vacation, everywhere else was closed because it was late In the day but this place was open. The downfall is that there is no actual building. The place on google that they tagged as mad beach paddle boarding is actually a bar on the beach. There is no store/building, so you give them a credit card to pay/reserve your spots. It seemed a little shady. If there's a whole bunch of fraudulent charges on my card or my identity gets stolen, I'll let you know. As far as the service it was decent, the 2 guys were friendly but no help at all if you've never been paddle boarding so we you tubed how to get on the boards. The LEDS on the boards worked well and it was pretty cool looking at the city lights at night. It cost 40$ a person, kinda pricey but a cool splurge on vacation. They told us to be there at 730, it was dark and kinda hard to find, we had to walk around the beach until we saw glowing boards. Also traffic on Madeira beach is pretty crazy in the evening. Overall pretty cool experience.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank nickybnurse
Jason K, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

While I appreciate the feedback I must express that I am somewhat offended about your question of "fraudulent charges or identity theft" Yes, we do take a credit card to hold reservations, just as every other company and business. It is standard. I can assure you in the 4 years so far that we have been in business, there have been no 'fraudulent' charges. It is not 'shady', it's our policy. Furthermore, we do have a "building", but we are mobile, so we meet at the Treasure Bay Resort & Marina, or a convenient and appropriate location, which we clearly communicate. The launch point we choose is based on the weather conditions, most importantly the wind. So we had you come to The Old Snack Shack, where we owned the beachfront concession. It's unfortunate that you felt we didn't give proper instruction. We certainly provide each guest with the necessary information. Sometimes it's a little tough, especially if you have never done it before. We do offer one on one lessons, but they are during the day, not at night. I'm glad you were able to watch some YouTube videos to become more confident. I gave you guys a promotional rate of $40 for 90 minutes on a premium paddleboard with multi-color changing waterproof LED system at 7:30 PM, when everyone else was closed. We use the absolute best lights available in the industry. The price I gave you was $10 lower than the standard. I do agree, it is a cool experience. Thank you for an overall positive review.

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

The employees were great! Very nice and courteous. We had lots of fun for 2 hrs. Will definitely do it again. Great little place right on the waters edge.

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank Kassd56
Jason K, Owner at Mad Beach Paddlesports, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2018

Make sure you give us a call before you come out again because we are no longer permanently stationed on that beach. We are mobile and have some new wonderful areas to explore. Thank you!

Reviewed July 17, 2016

We rented kayaks and paddleboards through Mad Beach Paddlesports. The kayaks were the most fun. When we rented the paddle boards, we initially rented the wonderwheel but because it was difficult and not very fun, we switched it out for the paddleboards. The location was not far from where we were staying and we had plenty of space out in the water for our activities.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Peyton J
Reviewed April 4, 2016

My daughter wanted to try paddle boarding, so after some searching, I found this guy, not to far from our condo! He only charged us $35.00 for two paddle boards for two hours. My daughter and my nieces had a blast!

Date of experience: March 2016