“Best Dogs Outside Of Chicago”
Review of Dixie's Doghouse

Dixie's Doghouse
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Dixie's Doghouse is Florida's OLDEST Chicago Hot Dog restaurant. Established in 1970, Dixie's features only the finest Vienna Beef hot dogs and italian beef. We also offer Fire Dogs, Bratwurst, Polish Sausage, Pizza puffs, Wings, Sliders, and great Chicken Sandwiches. Beer and Wine available all the time! We use real ice cream in our milkshakes, floats, and malts. We make our own Blue cheese to make our wings the best anywhere. Extended hours make Dixie's worth the drive.
Gulfport, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dogs Outside Of Chicago”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I've been to Dixie's many times since the new owner took over in 2008 and I must say that the quality is the best. No skimping here! They prvide the most authentic Chicago Dog around. The poppy seed buns are fresh and steamed just right. The bright green relish is as good as it gets. The place is always clean and the atmosphere is cozy and friendly. Their Italian Beef is the real thing down to the Gonnella Buns and Giardiniera. It's become a locals' favorite and for good reason. You can catch the news or baseball game on the TV or relax with the local newspaper while enjoying your meal. The owner is always willing to help the new folks find their way around the area. Good job!!!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank kitchenjnkie

Clearwater, Florida
“Good Dogs!”
Reviewed October 3, 2009

As it's already been mentioned on here the place is a little bit expensive for hot dogs. With that said I have to give credit to the place cause they do make an excellent dog. Fries were nothing special but I am a huge fan of the buns they use for the dogs. Will definatly be back when in the mood.

2 Thank LIAM94
Treasure Island
“Good dogs but very expensive.”
Reviewed June 5, 2009

The dog was good but the fact that she makes you pay and wait for 20 minutes and not to mention almost $25.00 for 2 people is outrages. She has to understand less frequented does not mean more expensive. I would rather go to the VIP with A/C, but when I have the urge I will go but I will not be happy. Hopefully the next owner will address the issues that are mentioned by most.

2 Thank kitch727
michigan
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 5, 2009

My husband and I have been to dixie's and we love the hot dogs. My favorite is the um dog with cheese and coleslaw ,oh my im drooling now. we tried to eat a hot dog a day and it's not just a hot dog it's just delicious. We are from michigan, and her dogs are better than places in michigan. Can't wait to get more hot dogs see ya soon. It is small but very cozy, and how can any view here be anything but great.

3 Thank skipMichigan
Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan
“OK Hot Dog Place- Nothing Special”
Reviewed October 26, 2008

This place has changed it's name to "Dixie's Doghouse" with no corresponding change in quality.

This is a small, easy to miss little shack off Central Avenue. They have a limited menu of, well, hot dogs, fries, burgers, etc.

The Chicago Style dog I had was OK as well as the Kraut dog, but $3.50 for a hot dog is still a little annoying. You are not locked into a sporting event monopoly and there are alot of better options in Treasure Island for dining.

There is some nice outdoor seating but the place is still small and cramped. Their fries are baked without oil and the result is mediocre fries.

Unless you really, really crave a hot dog, you are better off going to Foxy's or the VIP for cheap eats while on Treasure Island. Nothing special here.

2 Thank CaptainAmerica