“Fantastic! On the Beach”
Review of Suncoast Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Suncoast Motel
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed May 24, 2010

This was our 2nd stay at Suncoast. If you are looking for a quiet, on the beach place to stay, then this is the place. The owners and staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms are updated even though this is an older motel. But don't be fooled by other hotels not on the beach. At Suncoast you walk out of your room and onto the beach. The pool is fantastic and the garden and patios are fun too. We will always go to Suncoast when in Treasure Island.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank crazyformakeup

Reviewed April 17, 2010

We have a family with young children. When I inquired about reservations, this is what they said,

We regret to inform you that we do not have any rooms available on May 21st
We are sorry
Best regards

I thought that was weird since we are over a month away, and it isn't busy season, so I called. They in fact have rooms. Good luck. We have adorable, well behaved kids. Sorry you can't take us.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Luv2VacationForever
Reviewed February 11, 2010

The Suncoast, which was recommended by my boss, under the pretense that it is no frills, clean, on the beach hotel, I booked it for me and several friends. Cheap rates, clean (not old run down clean, but actual, very nice unexpected cleanliness), on the beach (walk 500 feet off the back porch, and location to stuff (beer and gillout material, ie Publix) make this a hidden gem. The family that runs it is oustanding and very welcoming... Would I recommend this hotel to a friend, YES! and already have recommended numerous times!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Having grown up in Florida, I was looking for one of the smaller Mom/Pop types of motels. Suncoast fit the bill to a "T". The rooms were clean, the view beautiful and the service excellent. While there was a slight issue with initial contact, once it was made, they bent over backwards to accommodate us. We arrived late (after the office had closed) but our room was all set for us. Everyone there was friendly and we met other families that had been repeat customers for years. It is not a fancy place but who wants fancy for the beach? This place reminds me of the "old" Florida I grew up in and we will go back.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FloridaChick50
Reviewed November 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Suncoast the first week of October. This was our first stay here. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Plenty of clean towels every morning. The decor was somewhat dated and the linens were dated. But everything was sparkling clean - the pool, the bathroom, the kitchenette, the patio area, the BBQ area. Are you really there to spend time in the room??? NAH - it's all about being outside and enjoying the beautiful Florida sunshine. The beach was incredible and everything you could possibly need or want was within walking distance - or you could ride the trolley up to Johns Pass or into St. Pete. Make sure you take your own shampoo, conditioner and lotion as they do not provide those items. They also do not provide hair dryers. Who needs one???? The majority of the time you're in the pool, on the beach, etc. We felt it was a very intimate setting. There are plenty of burms with palm trees and foilage on them so you feel more secluded. Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2009

We recently stayed at the Suncoast Motel for a week and found the staff to be most friendly and the rooms clean. The motel is "right on the beach" so each morning it was so wonderful to roll out of bed, get coffee from Anna in the office...then take our morning walk on the beach! Great location on the beach and the Publix market about 1/2 a block across the street was very convenient. (where there is a Subway...everything is with in walking distance on TI) We've stayed on Clearwater Beach, St.Pete Beach twice and now Treasure Island twice...Treasure Island is our favorite! The Suncoast met our needs and we talked to alot of returning guests staying there for many years...yes, we look forward to staying there again in the future!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GrammieLori
Reviewed October 23, 2009

My wife and choose this motel because taking our granddaughter along we thought it'd be nice to have somewhere that was right on the beach thus in order to access the beach/sea, you didn't have to cross the main road. Upon arrival the place didn't seem too bad and we were happy to accept the room without first viewing it (which the lady in reception asked if we would like to do). It was an upper floor room overlooking the 'courtyard' below. First appearances - all seemed okay, tidy, neat and although the decor a little dated, liveable. We’d booked from a Sat through to a Wednesday morning 10am checkout, 4 nights in all and so had a party of 40, well they were here for the week and while we got on great with all those we met (and I might add, enjoyed their company) it did rather prove that once this motel becomes busy using the pool (and other amenities) becomes somewhat of a problem – it’s a motel that can accommodate many but I felt that once it starts getting to this point when all are either in or around the pool area and courtyard things become a little crowded. My only other criticism of the apartment being, while my granddaughter used the bedroom at the back, my wife and I used the bed-settee in the lounge and although we never noticed it much the first night by the third night smelt a strong odour coming from it, which we both agreed was urine! One other thing, I note that in many reviews I’ve read people mention sometimes the littlest things, those which I often think are nit-picking but what did strike me as odd was in an apartment where you’re provided with a hob and might thus end up doing some cooking, I found that of the four rings, only two actually worked!
Summing up, I’m sure that had it just been the wife and myself we could have used the bedroom at rear of apartment thus any noise at night would be minimal. We also found it lovely to have the beach so close and as mentioned by one other reviewer you can come and go (from beach to pool etc) as you please. There’s ample parking and how nice to have a Publix so close to hand, 5 mins walking distance. Would I recommend this place, not sure, depends what you’re after (note – I ticked NO as there was no ‘not sure’) my only concern if I ever came back - that it wasn’t too full!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family