“Dog in the pool”

Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Burlington, Canada
“Dog in the pool”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

The owner's Boxer is the only pet allowed on the premises AND IN THE POOL, despite the Motel Rules that no pets are allowed.
Other than that the place is friendly, quiet and clean, and the location is great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
8 Thank U-P-Mueller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Travel 1300mi and pay $1500 to be told no visitors, not able to have clean bed sheets (as wanted), horrible management, no pets but must deal with whoever is running this joints dog never would I come back to this slum nor recommend to anyone I know def wasnt worth head ache nor my $$$

• Stayed April 2014
11 Thank joari1516
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We've stayed several times over the years at the Windjammer and the place is awesome! I see a couple of negative reviews posted and I must counter these travelers' claims in defense of the Windjammer. One of the many reasons we love staying there is because it's quiet and a smaller motel. They don't forbid visitors and they don't spy on those staying there. It's prudent for owners/managers of any hotel to keep watch over their property because they have a responsibility to all guests--keep the environment is safe, clean and peaceful. If you want a party hotel, best stay some place else and do a favor for those who like a quiet and relaxed environment. We've stayed at places that allow too much traffic (adults & children). The last thing we want after we're tired from an all day outing on the Gulf or at a local tourist attraction is to be unable to relax by the pool or to lie awake in our room because of noise from the pool area. You know the Windjammer's shaped like a U--sound bounces around. We've had family visit us there who live locally and they've always been treated with respect. Windjammer's rooms are clean, comfortable and the pool well-maintained. One year the owners went way above the call of duty to find us an implement we needed to cook fish we'd caught on their grill. The dog "Red" isn't a pitt bull...and I highly doubt he tried to drown your son. The Windjammer isn't supposed to be like a Radisson or one of the more expensive resorts, but unlike those huge chains you'll get personalized service and will be treated well. There's not a lot of great location, great value places like the Windjammer... savor the opportunity of this special kind of place!! :)

Room Tip: Trust the owners to give you suggestions
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Robin C
Darien, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been going to the Windjammer for 5 years now, Me my Wife and Daughter stay on the second floor for 3 weeks every year, Very clean and the air conditioning is great, and WOW what sunsets every night. being able to cook and grill keeps us from having to eat out every night and walking distance to many bars and restaurants is so cool this year we had 7 rooms booked and had the best time ever Kevin and Anita are great hosts, and the new puppy red was entertainment in itself my Daughter loved walking red on the beach daily....see you guys next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Joe G
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family came in to visit and after checking some hotels they decided to stay at the windjammer. At first the couple was very nice and gave my family a great rate, but then when me and my husband came over with our new baby to visit our out of town family the owners started giving my family a hard time about having guest over. Mind you this motel had only had three rooms rented and one of them was my family. They were very creepy when they tried to monitor what my family was doing, like it was their business. Being from Florida I try to support local business and mom and pop motels, but after this experience it has left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess these owners get enough business they they thought after my family paid for the room they could be rude and over bearing. I will not be recommending this motel to any more out of town guest. In short if you are visiting family this motel is not for you, they really do not like any visitors on their property.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank Bobby S
Auburndale, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a wonderful time the rooms were clean and neat. The owners were very nice and helpful. The best thing was the dog name Red my grandkids had a blast with him he was the best part of the trip. We are planning to come back in November, sure hope Reds there. Thanks for the great time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lisa Mollett D
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 29, 2013

First couple days, everything was going great, honestly is a neat little place, then the owner unleashed his annoying pit bull, which would get in the pool and jump on people and swim all around in the pool, climbing up on us while sunbathing in lounge chair, slobbering all over towels and stinking. tried to practically drown my son trying to take his pool toys, stomped all over, bit and ripped to shreds a very expensive float.... yet their posted pool "Rules" states that NO ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED.... there has to be some sort of code against that..... Not to mention that I find it highly disgusting! The highlight of the stay was on the Saturday before the SUNDAY that we were supposed to check out. Gave dates, had them on the confirmation that was mailed to me by the owner's wife, weeks prior. She had supposedly put in 7 days stay instead of 8 and had given me a lower rate on the confirmation and it was $100 higher when I checked in, I had to argue with owner whom my mother and I caught contradicting himself (lying)several times.... he said that a man that rents out 3 units at a time wanted it.... well he made us move to a tiny dungeon like room with a micro fridge and no stove or freezer space, as a result I lost about $50 worth of food and while we were moving rooms I had various items come up "Missing" including some jewelry and about $40 cash. NO ONE SHOULD BE TREATED THE WAY MY FAMILY AND I WERE TREATED! Oh.... and the people that are singing their praises on here are obviously their friends and regulars there, because I recognize them and I have been only once... and NEVER Again!.... hmmm. Treasure Island is great.... but if you like being treated fairly and dealing with professional people.... DO NOT MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS AT WINDJAMMER! It really is ashamed how unprofessional non - business minded individuals can absolutely ruin a great thing. My mother can back up everything I say here, as well as a couple of other unhappy guests that were witness to whst happened to my family and I. Learn some professionalism Windjammer and it is never a wise idea to shaft someone in the advertising/ media business!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family