“Clean, good location, and great staff”
Review of Sand Pebble Resort

Sand Pebble Resort
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stay a week in a beach front 1 bed 1 bath and loved it. Clean and big rooms. All the staff were very attentive to us. We especially liked the service and attention given us by Bridgette, Laura, and Toni.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William H

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am currently stay at the Sand Pebble Resort on Treasure Island. I booked it shortly before
departure with my timeshare exchange company RCI. I knew it would not be luxurious but from
reports on tripadviser,it would obviously suffice. I am in a 2-bedroom unit in 301. Although I would
have liked a beachfront unit, this certainly has a nice view of the beach from the balcony and
master bedroom. There is just my mom and myself. She has the large-king sized bed and I am
in the 2nd bedroom. One thing I like about the 2nd bedroom here is that it has 2 double beds.
So often, there is only single beds in the second bedroom. I am not a large person, but like a big bed. I do not like the carpet as I suspect there is dust, but it is probably necessary for noise control
and lowers the possibility of people slipping and falling. I just make sure to wear my flip flops walking around. The front desk staff are friendly. They have planned activities including a party
with live entertainment. I noted it was quite lively with music and dancing. I do not use the kitchen
very much but the icemaker is great. I also like orange juice, toast and fresh fruit in the am after my extra large coffee. I buy the coffee down the road at the gas station in the am. There is a Publix close by to pick up any food you might want on hand. The area including John's Pass is
quite scenic and I would not hesitate to return.

One thing I do note down here which is different than Toronto where I reside is that there seems
to be little focus on recycling. I have not noticed any blue boxes here this time unlike at home.

Also, the gas stations seem to be one of the main suppliers of take-out coffee. There is Dunkin
Donuts but not like all the Tim Hortons we have back in Canada.

I am driving to Sanibel Island to the Lighthouse Resort which I also got through RCI. Expect another report soon.

If you have any questions, you may email me at gendi7@rogers.com

Room Tip: Ask for a beachfront room if available.
Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gendi
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My family and I had stayed in another VRI resort in Cocoa Beach, FL (Discovery Beach Resort), during Spring Break 2012. I enjoyed staying at that resort so much that I called them for a referral for a resort on the Gulf Coast of Florida when planning our family's 2013 Spring Break vacation. I was referred to Sand Pebble Resort in Treasure Island Florida. Sand Pebble Resort is a smaller very clean resort on Treasure Island Beach in St. Petersburg, FL. It is half of a mile south of John's Pass (Madeira Beach). We stayed 8 nights at this resort. The first seven we were in unit #101. Unit #101 is on the southeast end of the resort. The 8th night was a last minute decision to stay and we had to move to unit #308 for that night. Unit #308 is on the north end of the resort. #308 is a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit with a fold out couch. #308 has not been as updated as #101. The employees were all very friendly. My family and I were ecstatic to see that the unit (#101) that we stayed in was recently updated. Regarding unit #101 ~ As of our stay there beginning on March 29, 2013, EVERYTHING in this condo appeared brand new. This condo can sleep 8 adults comfortably.The master bedroom has a king sized bed with a private door to the patio. When we opened the door our view was palm trees and the ocean.An added bonus to this condo is the huge walk-in closet between the master bedroom & master bathroom. The second bedroom has 2 double size beds. The only thing I think a person should know before renting a condo at this resort is there are NOT washers & dryers in the units. There are coin operated washer and dryers on the 2nd floor. It really came as a blessing in disguise to not have laundry facilities in our unit because I wasn't doing laundry all the time which I tend to do. I would highly recommend staying at this resort. If you enjoy watching the sunrise, you can walk south on the beach about a half of a mile and take some fabulous sunrise pictures. For those who like to venture out in the mornings a little farther to view the sunrise, I would suggest driving to Sunset Beach or Pass-a-Grille. Caddy's on Sunset Beach is a great place to eat lunch directly on the beach. Pass-a-Grill is where you will find a fabulous spot to watch the Pelicans and collect Conch sea shells. I would definitely stay at Sand Pebble Resort again and if I had a choice, I would choose unit #101 over unit #308.

Room Tip: 101 has been recently updated
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by the large room , nice pool and hot tub area. It looks like they have been working very hard to update everything. The kitchen was spacious and clean with a dishwasher and full fridge with an ice maker. They are currently working on putting flat screen televisions in the units. Overall we were very comfortable and had a nice time.
I do have a few things that I feel needs mentioned. We were In the 1 bedroom unit over the awning at the bar. You had to go thru 2 locked doors to acces your room. The lady working the desk said she could only give us 2 keys. We had 3 adults. We constantly would get locked out and have to knock on the 1st door which the tenant in unit B would have to come out and open. Our friends traveling with us were in a 2 bedroom and given 5 keys. The ladies weren't all that friendly and only spoke to you when they were forced to. My feeling is they don't care for spring breakers. They definitely cater to their regulars/ owners.
Also, on our rain day which was our last day there , I went to the hot tub after it finally quit raining at midnight, alone. I had not had time to use it during the week because children aren't allowed to use it. A security guard came up and shut it off and told me to get out. I was shocked because 2 nights earlier people were in it until 3:30 am and they were very loud. There I set in the dark , alone in a turned off hot tub. I can't forget how rude that was. I'm a 44 year old mother of 3. I just wanted to enjoy a few moments before we headed out the next morning.
Also, carpet has no place in a beach condo. It had a funny smell(urine?) and our feet were black. They do have a utility closet with a sweeper and mop. They also have a nice trash chute. The condo would have been near perfect without the carpet. It looked newly replaced. It is near impossible to keep carpet cleaned on the beach.
Even with all this being said . I think it was a great value and location for the low price. I mention these things so they can continue with their improvement efforts.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 29, 2013

You can't find a nicer sport on the beach in this price range. Many guests go to Sand Pebble every year for years on end. It's not POSH! It's not 'a happening scene'; just a nice clean resort with wonderful staff and guests, good pools and beach, and lots to do nearby.
Summers tend to be busy with lots of kids around, but Sept. to April it;s quiet. Many of the guests from fall through Spring are 'golden'. Resort offers some very simple activities; free bingo to win tickets for ice cream and hot dogs, or buy one get one outings. Good shopping and restaurants nearby. But Shhhh! It's just our little secret. Oh, and there are now two new elevators and the stairs have been painted.

Room Tip: There is a fitness center several miles up the beach and they accept Silver Sneakers. But with pool...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank eileenmusser
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have purchased time share here and have used it for the last two years and will be going again this August for my week. I can say that this is a great location. The staff are all very professional, and the property is very well maintained. I have read some poor reviews and I can say they must have stayed at a different resort. The pools are great, the beach is fabulous. They have many activities for the children to do as well as adults. The rooms are nice and big. The views are outstanding. My children love it, and I would never sell my week.

I am one very satisfied owner.

Room Tip: Try and go for ocean side, my time share overlooks the Gulf.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Darren185
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Room stunk and no proper cleaning. Kitchen table cracks had food from past clients still in it. Carpet was so filthy we didn't take off our shoes off. Electrical outlets broken. Tvs from the 80's with Vhr players. Kitchen was so gross we checked right back out. Literally was a health hazard. Staff is a bunch of smokers who don't care to take pride in such a pretty location. What a nightmare !
Vacation International told us they had reps there two weeks ago and everything was great. If this is ok to V. I. It's time to sell our 300 points ! I'm creating a special website to protect others from this SCAM ! Targeting Sand Pebble and mostly Vacation International !
Stay away from Vacation International.
WorldMark is Awesome ! And less maint. Dues !

• Stayed: March 2013