After staying at the sand pebble resort March 9-16. I felt I had to revise my review I had posted. While the staff, rooms, activities, and pool area were just as nice and sweet as I had remembered them, there were some down points to the trip.
1. Smoking - I hadn't noticed this in previous years but the smoking in the pool area is really bothering me. As a person with severe lung problems, I cannot breathe when surrounded by smoke, which I was on several days out in the pool area. During the hot dog and ice cream socials I couldn't nor did I approach the counter to order food because several people at it were smoking, during the meet and greet, same problem. I had a hard time finding a suitable place to sit at the pool because of the smoke. Others complained to me about this as well. I come to this resort for the activities and the pool area and if I cannot go out because of the smoke then I might as well not come at all.
2. Painting, They were repainting the walkways the week I was there, and the paint smelled horrible, I couldn't breathe, and this went on during the day on multiple weekdays. It hurt my lungs as well.
3. The wheelchair lift - blocked off near the pool area, hard to walk around it, still not finished.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Pebble Hotel Treasure Island
- Sand Pebble Resort Treasure Island, Florida