“Revision of Previous Review”
Review of Sand Pebble Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Sand Pebble Resort
Reviewed March 19, 2013

After staying at the sand pebble resort March 9-16. I felt I had to revise my review I had posted. While the staff, rooms, activities, and pool area were just as nice and sweet as I had remembered them, there were some down points to the trip.

1. Smoking - I hadn't noticed this in previous years but the smoking in the pool area is really bothering me. As a person with severe lung problems, I cannot breathe when surrounded by smoke, which I was on several days out in the pool area. During the hot dog and ice cream socials I couldn't nor did I approach the counter to order food because several people at it were smoking, during the meet and greet, same problem. I had a hard time finding a suitable place to sit at the pool because of the smoke. Others complained to me about this as well. I come to this resort for the activities and the pool area and if I cannot go out because of the smoke then I might as well not come at all.

2. Painting, They were repainting the walkways the week I was there, and the paint smelled horrible, I couldn't breathe, and this went on during the day on multiple weekdays. It hurt my lungs as well.

3. The wheelchair lift - blocked off near the pool area, hard to walk around it, still not finished.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week in a timeshare exchange--2 BRs, 2 baths; a side balcony and master BR overlook the Gulf. We were there as the property was completing a modernization of the lobby; they had just upgraded the existing elevator and added a second--a wonderful plus. Good setting, nice pool and spa. The unit itself was a bit tired--worn carpeting and kitchen cabinets. The unit felt very dark. But the service was fine and the staff friendly. A tip to management of Sand Pebble and other similar resorts: You diminish your image through the shoddy quality of your guest communications pieces and your make-do signs. This shoddiness lowers your image.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DRGABrand
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Sand Pebble is the epitome of a relaxing, no pressure place to spend some time unwinding. Suites are large and well appointed; not fancy or overdone but comfortable. Amenities are the same; plenty of lounge chairs, nice pool and a kid's pool to boot. A large hot tub, several gas grills, a bar area and patio for the guests to use.

The beach is wide and you can walk for miles; from John's Pass to wander the shops to Trail's End if you have the energy. There are many good restaurants offering a wide range of cusine and prices.

Staff and guests are friendlt and helpful.

What else could you ask?

Room Tip: Some of the rooms do not have full kitchens so be sure to ask.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BYoung8044
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We visited the Sand Pebble resort in January 2013 and had a great getaway! The complex is older but they're working on keeping it up-to-date. We stayed in a two bedroom/two bathroom unit that was in the middle of the complex facing the ocean. The kitchen had everything we needed, there was a large dining table and a living area. There was a flat screen TV and DVD player in the living room and I think my parents had a tube TV in their bedroom. The complex has a large swimming pool, a smaller toddler pool, (a retired hot tub), a hot tub, lots of lounges/sitting areas around the pool and a bar area, a bbq area, some game equipment and a laundry area. It was very chilly when we visited but we were still able to use the pools because they were heated.

We loved watching for dolphins from the balcony, (which we spotted on numerous occasions), and the proximity to Johns Pass, (which we visited for shopping and dining three times during the week). The beach was beautiful...excellent for shell hunting!

My suggestions for improvements would be to have TVs in the second bedrooms and to tile the entire unit. The kitchen and bathroom areas are tiled however the living room and bedrooms are carpeted...your feet would get black from walking around on the carpets. There is also a lot of sand tracked in and it would be nice to be able to sweep it up, (we didn't have a vacuum in our unit). Tile throughout would just make the unit that much easier to clean.

We will definitely be returning in the future!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank time_to_relax
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Totally enjoyed our week, had a 1 bedroom with view of the ocean. Nicely furnished. Pool, hot tub were great. Short walk to John's Pass. The only negative comment was the bed's mattress needs replacement. Definately will go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Monika C
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Since our last review of this property we have been back in September for two weeks and it was awesome!
For anyone who has visited the resort since December 2011 you will know there has been rebuilding works, well in October the new lift was installed and the old lift fully renovated, so we now have two super fast lifts that are excellent.
Don't be put off by any adverse reviews, as with all properties, updating has to be done and with over 50 units on site, they are done on a rotation. Maintenance workers are on site every day and a quick phone call or visit to reception to report an issue and it will be sorted out. Don't wait until you get home and write a review to say the lighting did not work, talk to someone whilst you are there and they will do their utmost to help you out.
This property is really great, all the linens are clean with a chance to change any towels midweek. I said in my first review that there were no washing machines in the unit but there was a laundry, well the driers only cost 25 cents, so a great place to dry your towels after the pool and shower.
There are Goodings and Publix supermarkets within two miles and a convenience store almost opposite. A good shopping mall within five miles and St Johns pass with a multitude of individual little stores is just a five minute stroll away.
This is a place to come and relax, go for walks along the beach, you can hire almost anything from a bicycle for the long cycle rides to jet skis. There is fishing off the beach to deep sea fishing and there is parascending.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank miyashophie
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I acquired a unit here back in the late 1980's while on vacation with my first husband. Although I don't get to visit every year like I used to with him, I still get to visit every 3-5 years now. My experience at the resort is always one to remember. I always look forward to seeing the new updates, friendly faces, and enjoying my little piece of paradise. I will continue to visit as long as my health allows me and hope that my children will continue to enjoy what I have been able to long after I pass.

Room Tip: I have always enjoyed being on the Gulf-side, waking up to the calming sound of the waves.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple