“Paradise Away From Home”
Review of Sand Pebble Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Sand Pebble Resort
OSHAWA
“Paradise Away From Home”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I acquired a unit here back in the late 1980's while on vacation with my first husband. Although I don't get to visit every year like I used to with him, I still get to visit every 3-5 years now. My experience at the resort is always one to remember. I always look forward to seeing the new updates, friendly faces, and enjoying my little piece of paradise. I will continue to visit as long as my health allows me and hope that my children will continue to enjoy what I have been able to long after I pass.

Room Tip: I have always enjoyed being on the Gulf-side, waking up to the calming sound of the waves.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I inherited a two-bedroom unit time share week from my father. My parents had been visiting the Sand Pebble since 1983. They hadn't been there since 2002. My husband and I hadn't been there since 1988 so we didn't have much memory of the place. We absolutely enjoyed our week there and will be back during our time-share week every year from now on. We flew into Tampa and rented a car- everything was very easy, driving to Treasure Island was easy also. Our unit was very nice. Not luxury by any means, pretty standard kitchen and typical "beach condo" furniture and decor. But, it is a gulf-front unit and the view from our balcony was fantastic. The resort, the beach and the gulf water are perfect for us (we are in our late 40's). Morning and evening walks along the beach were very relaxing. We didn't do much while we were there except hang around the Sand Pebble. We drove to the Publix grocery store several times and ate in every morning, most lunches and dinners. We walked everwhere else. We ate lunch once at Gators- very nice, great view of John's Pass inlet activity, once at Scully's - just ok, once at Bubba Gumps- not so good and once at Middle Grounds Grill - very good. We went on a sunset pontoon boat ride with Hubbards. It was nice, very relaxing, free beer and wine. The man and woman who ran the trip were great, very informative, worked very hard to see that everyone enjoyed the ride. Overall, it was a very relaxing vacation we will look forward to every year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank esp0515
Indiana
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stayed at the Sand Pebble for two weeks, Aug 4-11 and Aug 11-18. Both weeks were on the 5th floor with wonderful views. We are repeat rental customers that have stayed at the Sand Pebble numerous times in several different units. We especially liked the proximity to the beach and John's Pass. A new elevator was in service with the old elevator replacement in progress. We had excellent WIFI reception and new flat screen TVs in both condos. The staff was cheerful and helpful as always. In addition to the close by beach, a large swimming pool with an adequate number of lounge chairs, a kiddie pool, a jacuzzi, grill and patio furniture was available to make our stay more comfortable and enjoyable. We very much liked the live music on Mondays and the other get acquainted activities planned by the resort staff. We always look forward to another visit to the Sand Pebble.

Room Tip: To us, the higher up - the better. If you want to see the beautiful sunsets choose the beachfront o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank TDPK
Saint Augustine, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My friends and I had a wonderful week at Sand Pebble Resort. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The kitchen was stocked with everything we needed for cooking meals when we didn't go out to eat. The resort is right on the beach so you can spend your time walking or relaxing on the beach or by the pool. There were activities during the week by the pool and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We took the shuttle boat from Merry Pier out to Shell Island and spent the day walking the beach and looking for shells and sand dollars. St. John's Pass is close by for dining and shopping. I would definitely recommend Sand Pebble Resort for your next vacation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sharon B
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a smaller older resort but very clean and very nice. Super nice front desk people and very helpful. It is right on the sand on Treasure Island. They have a very clean pool and jacuzzi and plenty of pool lounges. You never have to reserve any here. They have a few activities during the week and a super nice welcome party for the guests, live music and all.

Room Tip: This is a time share resort so you have to trade in.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank russellscott1952
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We checked in very late on a friday - the front desk gal, waited for us , gave us all the codes and we were off. So relaxing, right on the beach. Room was much larger than we expected with a huge balcony that over looked the pool and ocean. Ac/worked great, unit had a full kitchen, there were activities each day that kids enjoyed. The beach was spotless, and full of families enjoying their time together. We had a really nice time.

Room Tip: Definately try to get a room over looking the pool. We had one of the "07" rooms those are...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank chumsley973
Indiana, USA
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Generally my husband and I travel alone (not with family) and stay in 4 or 5 star places, so I should preface this review with that info. All in all, the Sand Pebble Resort provided a great, reasonably-priced family getaway for ourselves (adult children in our 20s/30s) and our elders, plus one teen. An easy 40 minute drive from the Tampa airport, right on the beach, walking distance to John's Pass, and easy access to several golf courses (within 30 min), jet ski rentals, boat rentals, shopping, etc. The "3" bedroom 2 bath condo (3rd bedroom is a "lockout") is really not what one would hope, and there were/are no pictures on the Sand Pebble website to show it. The 3rd bedroom is more like a living room with small kitchenette, and a horribly uncomfortable foldout double bed/couch. We were the ones supposed to sleep in there...thank goodness my father-in-law switched us and we could take the 2nd double bed in the 2nd bedroom. Consider this place more of a 2 bed/2 bath, with room for maybe one person on the couch in the lockout.

Cleanliness of condo was just ok. Some things, especially in bathrooms, were looking older and shabby. Beds in 2nd bedroom were ok but not incredibly comfortable. Plenty of extra linens and such provided though.

Excellent pool; had no trouble getting chairs and never had to "reserve" our spot. Jacuzzi is cooler than typical jacuzzis but that was ok-- still warmer than pool. Great beach and very easy to access from resort...just a 1 minute walk out to the water.

Overall, an economical place to take 6-8 people. Condo itself won't blow you away, but if you stay outside like we did most of the time, it was fine!

Room Tip: 3 bed "Lockout" not really a 3rd quality bedroom.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family