Cheri Lyn Motel
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites(Treasure Island)
$345
Island Inn(Treasure Island)
$168
$140
Travelocity
The Bayside Inn & Marina(Treasure Island)(Great Value!)
$99
$96
Tahitian Beach Motel(Treasure Island)
$99
Hotels.com
Thunderbird Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
$179
All reviewsacross the streetown cookinga great stayratesbeachvacationflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2012

JUst a wondwerful place to stay... It is a hidden gem that is an outstanding value. The new owners have and continue to go all out to make this place a great stay. The pool is great and the beach is close. Great resturants you can walk to. Really good ice cream shops also. You
should give it a try , you will not be disapointed . This is our third season staying there and reallt enjoy our weekends there.

Room Tip: all rooms are vry good
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hockey57
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I came here yearly in the mid to late sixties, I thought I would recommend to my daughter 45 years later. Still the same name and motel, but the new owners have really stepped forward. It's cozy clean clean clean and nice guests. I tnink it's the best kept secret on treasure isle.

Room Tip: all good...I think they all over look the pool........
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FrankieC57
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

It was a a great stay the rooms were recently redone. Service was excellent and the value was awesome

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank jbell003
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our family was headed for Florida for a two week vacation in Nokomis outside Sarasota. While talking to my wife at home before we left, I told her about a motel on Treasure Island in Florida called the Cheri Lyn. It is a small beach motel with 24 rooms. I stayed there with my parents and grandparents in 1960. Just for kicks, I Goggled it while telling my wife “I am sure it is long gone.”
I was shocked, but it came up as still being in business and had good reviews from TripAdvisor. We had a few extra days before we took occupancy of our rental house in Nokomis, so we made reservations and stopped off.
We had a great time. A family bought the hotel about 2-3 years ago and has been renovating it. The hotel, which is family operated, formerly pink, is now yellow and most of its rooms have been newly renovated (they are nearing completion) and the pool has just been renovated as well. The grounds have also recently been newly landscaped.
We stayed in Room 35, on the second floor above the office. The room was nice: kitchenette with stove, dishes, full size refrigerator, table, microwave, etc. Nice new bathroom. The room also had two double beds, plasma TV, hardwood laminate floor and two easy chairs with footstool. Nice! The beach is just across the street.
You do hear some street noise in this room from Gulf Blvd. but you could get a room on the back of the hotel, which I would think would be quieter. The street noise did not bother us, however.
We had a great time. The hotel has a lot of regulars, both Florida residents and travelers from elsewhere, including England, which we met while spending the day at the pool. Many of the regulars come for weeks at a time and the British couple we met comes from Britain at least two times a year.
One thing about this hotel, within two hours, you know practically everyone if you hang at the pool. We got some great tips and played some great volleyball at the pool. The family that runs the hotel does everything they can to make their guests comfortable. And best of all, the rates are great. We have not stayed in a small “mom and pop” motel for years, and initially, I was a bit wary. But we are glad we stopped and we will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room. They are just about done renovating all of their 24 rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank CHUKIE383
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Another hidden gem on Treasure Island, perfect for inexpensive weekend getaways!

The entire hotel is in great shape, compared to some of the surrounding places - outside appeared freshly painted and the upkeep of it and the surrounding grounds/pool etc were fantastic.

We stayed in a small room (non-efficiency), as it was just a quick weekend for us, but the place was IMMACULATE - recently updated with what appeared to be new everything, too. Shower was nicely tiled, the floors were great, and all accommodations were practically brand new. The in-room refrigerator is a larger-than-standard dorm fridge, and a microwave above that. TV was nice (HD flat panel), with plenty of channels available for viewing, unlike some others in the area.

Asked for more towels and a couple of extra pillows (had thrown out my back the weekend prior) and the hosts/owners were more than happy to oblige at every turn!.

The pool was a hit with the families, and there's a grill open to use (new as well) and a gaming area for the kids. Plenty of outdoor seating in the common areas.

If i had one complaint it would be this: the lights outside the rooms (first floor) are right next to the doors, and the doors are frosted glass with louvers that can open - therefore, there is bright light shining RIGHT into the room all night. A quick turn of the bulb with a towel remedies this, but remember to put it back before you go. :)

No coffee maker in the room (ours, at least) and there is not an ice machine, but the folks at the desk are happy to get it for you at any time they're around.

TI beach access is directly across the street for convenient beach-going, and parking wasn't an issue - do not park in the lot directly next door, as it's reserved.

A great little inexpensive place on the beach for sure - we'll be back in June for another long weekend!

Room Tip: our room was near the office, and was a little noisy at times in the early evenings due to being near the stairs; otherwise no issues whatsoever!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple