“We Love the Sea Chest!!”
Review of Sea Chest Motel

Sea Chest Motel
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Chicago, Illinois, USA
“We Love the Sea Chest!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed at the Sea Chest Motel for the first time, and we definitely will be back. We stayed in a newly remodeled 1 bedroom that had a brand new kitchen and flat screen TV. I can't say enough of the value of this motel. The room rates are very competitive with excellent service. The room and grounds were extremely well kept and clean. Great area for restaurants and John's Pass shopping and entertainment. It was very nice that the motel is located on the beach. My wife and I enjoyed a daily walk on the beach. Honestly too much to put in one review. We loved every minute!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My girlfriend and I have stayed at this place numerous time over the last 5 or 6 years. It is a very clean and comfortable mom and pop type establishment. If you are looking for a place that offers a continental breakfast and a workout room this place isn't for you, but if you want a friendly, quiet little place right on the beach for less then half of what you would pay otherwise, this is your place. I've never been disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed November 11, 2010

We stayed here in September 2010 and had a wonderful, relaxing vacation. The beach was beautiful, the grounds were well maintained, and the rooms were updated. We stayed in a small efficiency, which suited our needs fine but next time we would try to stay in the apartment with the seperate sitting room. This place is a great value. If you are looking for a low-key vacation with a wonderful beach, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Kingston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Love the Sea Chest and TI! We had absolutely perfect weather and have already booked for next October. Will be counting the days!

• Stayed October 2010
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 23, 2010

we had stayed at the sea chest previously and had the room that was behind the office and absolutley loved the place,we turned all our friends on to this place.Talk it up all the time. So this last time we went with another couple who had their own room as we had ours,this time our room was 101 right next to the office,well that night after a great day,we went to bed and the light was so bright from being in the hall way you have to walk through to get to the parking lot it shined right in the room.Me ,my 8yr old and husband could not go to sleep,there was only blinds no liner to block out the light,my son was wide awake,i was wide awake,i tried to put blankets,towels etc over the window with no luck. Then on top of that there was banging going on the whole time,we ended up leaving at 230am and going back to our home in tampa,got home around 330am..it totally sucked. when we called the next am to tell them where we left the room key,they didnt even ask us why we left early. I wanted to complain but my husband said it wasnt worth it because soon the oil would be there and they wouldnt have it as good as they do now..Would I stay there again? Yes,but I would have to have that room in the way back behind the office.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank steff2010
Columbus OH
Reviewed April 18, 2010

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights at the Sea Chest. It is very clean, rooms are various sizes and layouts making it nice for singles, couples and families. Some rooms can be joined to make a small apartment for larger family groups. The grounds were very well manicured and the beach access was perfect. Our room was a double with kitchenette. It had a full fridge, flat top stove burner, microwave, all utensils and beautiful cabinets. The bath was large with a vanity type dressing area. I think they may have recently done some remodeling. The beach was nice, typical for the area. No crowds when we were there, plenty of space and pretty clean for a public beach. The Sea Chest is within a 5-10 minute drive of at least 4 causeways over to St. Pete/Clearwater area and walking distance to the little town square area on Treasure Island. Great place, great stay, will definitely come back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband and 9-year-old son and I spent one night at the Sea Chest Motel. Our only complaint was that our trip was so short! We all wished we could have stayed here much longer. We live in Tampa, so this was a weekend getaway. The motel is right on the beach. The pool, rooms, common areas, etc. are spotless. This is not a fancy motel, but everything is so clean!! Our son loved the pool, which was not crowded at all. Everyone we met was extremely friendly and accomodating. The motel is near lots of restaurants (St. John's Pass is north of here and has lots of shopping and eating). My son loved the Sno-Balls place near the hotel (sno-cone type treats). I cannot recommend this motel more!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family