Sea Chest Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Oasis Palms Resort(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Cheri Lyn Motel(Treasure Island)
Swashbuckler Motel(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Ebb Tide Motel(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Mardi Gras Motel(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsdressing arealarge closetlovely poolreturning guestsgrill areaplace to stayjohn's passbeautiful beachwhite sandy beachhome away from homemom and popplenty of chairsping pongqueen bedlove this placeup to datecoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2010

we had stayed at the sea chest previously and had the room that was behind the office and absolutley loved the place,we turned all our friends on to this place.Talk it up all the time. So this last time we went with another couple who had their own room as we had ours,this time our room was 101 right next to the office,well that night after a great day,we went to bed and the light was so bright from being in the hall way you have to walk through to get to the parking lot it shined right in the room.Me ,my 8yr old and husband could not go to sleep,there was only blinds no liner to block out the light,my son was wide awake,i was wide awake,i tried to put blankets,towels etc over the window with no luck. Then on top of that there was banging going on the whole time,we ended up leaving at 230am and going back to our home in tampa,got home around 330am..it totally sucked. when we called the next am to tell them where we left the room key,they didnt even ask us why we left early. I wanted to complain but my husband said it wasnt worth it because soon the oil would be there and they wouldnt have it as good as they do now..Would I stay there again? Yes,but I would have to have that room in the way back behind the office.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank steff2010
Reviewed April 18, 2010

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights at the Sea Chest. It is very clean, rooms are various sizes and layouts making it nice for singles, couples and families. Some rooms can be joined to make a small apartment for larger family groups. The grounds were very well manicured and the beach access was perfect. Our room was a double with kitchenette. It had a full fridge, flat top stove burner, microwave, all utensils and beautiful cabinets. The bath was large with a vanity type dressing area. I think they may have recently done some remodeling. The beach was nice, typical for the area. No crowds when we were there, plenty of space and pretty clean for a public beach. The Sea Chest is within a 5-10 minute drive of at least 4 causeways over to St. Pete/Clearwater area and walking distance to the little town square area on Treasure Island. Great place, great stay, will definitely come back!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2009

My husband and 9-year-old son and I spent one night at the Sea Chest Motel. Our only complaint was that our trip was so short! We all wished we could have stayed here much longer. We live in Tampa, so this was a weekend getaway. The motel is right on the beach. The pool, rooms, common areas, etc. are spotless. This is not a fancy motel, but everything is so clean!! Our son loved the pool, which was not crowded at all. Everyone we met was extremely friendly and accomodating. The motel is near lots of restaurants (St. John's Pass is north of here and has lots of shopping and eating). My son loved the Sno-Balls place near the hotel (sno-cone type treats). I cannot recommend this motel more!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This is our 2nd stay at the Sea Chest. The place is nothing fancy, but clean and quiet. The grounds are beautiful and everything is well kept. The location is convenient to restaurants and other. The rooms are spacious and kitchens stocked with supplies for cooking. The only negative is that the parking lot is very small and tight, but free which is not the case at some of the pricier motels.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarieMS
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Have stayed in this motel many many times and it's always great. I haven't written reviews before as I didn't want to share this motel!
The rooms/units are not the most modern but they are super clean and have everything you need. (The rooms are being renovated at the time of this review) The motel sits right on the beach (which is beautiful) there is also a lovely garden/barbecue area and an amazing swimming pool. There's loads of sun loungers so no mad dash to the pool to secure a spot. There's also shuffle board. Free Wifi kept us in touch.
Owners Andy and Maria are very friendly and always busy making sure everything is tip top.
The motel is in a great location, you are only a short walk from the restaurants and shops and can also walk for about 15 minutes to St Johns Pass.
It's a relaxing little get away, I love sitting outside the room watching the world go by.
Thoroughly enjoy every trip here and it will always be my first choice when in Treasure Island.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple