AAA Approved. The Sea Chest is not perfect, but it is close. And to prove that this is not one of those "Fake Positive Reviews" that you see so often on the internet, I will list the two negatives about the motel first. But please stick around for the positives because they are many (as per my 5 star review)
1. The parking is pretty bad. That's not to say that you won't be provided parking, but it will take a patient driver and a keen eye to maneuver around the tight parking lot.
2. The sea-foam green trim. Seriously, Tampa Florida loves sea-foam green, and the exterior of the Sea Chest is no different. But it does not continue into the absolutely adorable rooms.
I guarantee, however, that neither of these two drawbacks will take away from your stay. My wife and I simply loved the Sea Chest. The rooms are generously large, well laid out, and extremely clean. One little touch was addressed in our room that so many other motels miss; coffee filters for the coffee maker. How many times have you gone on vacation and bought a package of 100 coffee filters for 7 days. No need here. They were already in the room. Whether a former guest left them or they were provided by management I'm not sure, but they were here when we arrived and I certainly appreciated the fine touch.
There is free Wireless internet so bring your laptop computer. Just ask management for the password. The unit was well lit. The bathroom was immaculatelyclean and large with a tub-shower instead of the usual Motel-Shower stall deal. As you can see on their website, the prices are extremely affordable.
The Sea Chest is right on the beach. There are independently run cabana tents and lounge chairs within 200 yards. A little pricey at $20/day, but well worth the money. And for those of you not interested in salt water, there is a nice heated pool as well.
The owner was absolutely wonderful to deal with. My wife loved and longed for the mom and pop feel from days gone. It's nice to know that a few still exist and are run so well as the Sea Chest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely two story motel with lush green grounds and heated pool directly on the Gulf of Mexico beach ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sea Chest Hotel Treasure Island
- Sea Chest Treasure Island
- Sea Chest Motel Treasure Island, Florida