“Great!!”
Review of Beach House Hotel

Beach House Hotel
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed here in March 2012,the owners were very helpful with directions and just chit chat. Our room was really 2 rooms.a TV in each. Also couch,sink,frig etc.Our room was clean and I saw the cleaner on her hands and knees cleaning the bathroom in a different room when I went to ask her a question.Very short walk to beach. Can walk to Johns Pass on the beach or sidewalk.Quiet area,also close to nice Ice Cream Place. We will be staying here again.Thanks

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joan W
BeachHouseHotel, Manager at Beach House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2017

Thanks, please stay with us again.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Plaese do not stay at this place. Dirty ,dirty ,dirty and bugs. The floor if you stay bring your mop. The price not what they tell you, its higher. They tell you one price but charge you the higher price. Do not say anything bad or if you need something, they get mad at you? Please do not stay at this place. Thank you jpaulsueen@yahoo.com

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nothappy42201
AshleytheManager, Public Relations Manager at Beach House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

We have Searched our records for the past year and can not find a guest named Paulsen or from Ferndale, Michigan. We do not believe this comment applies to our motel.

We keep our rooms clean and they are always available for inspection before renting. Our rates are published in advanced on our website and we never charge more.

If you want to save money on lodging while visiting beautiful Treasure Island, Florida, Please consider the beach house motel.
Thank you kindly.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

The beach house apts are fully furnished kitchenettes and have large bedrooms. and ample space for the kids to sleep. The units are right on the beach down a short boardwalk. There are restuarants and bars and Johns Pass all just blocks away. You cannot beat the price!!! And James and Ashley are great owners, who go the extra mile to make your stay a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Thank you for the great hospitality you provided to us and our family and friends. You made my wife's weekend on her birthday and Mother's Day a wonderful stay, Thank You. We have lots of connections with many people who have / would Love to come stay and visit, We have been coming for many Years and still plan to come. We return at least Four a year because four nights there is less than 2 nights at the Marriott 2 doors down. It is walking distance to John's Pass. We are there every year for the 4th of July are children love the fireworks. Our room also contained a frig, microwave, coffee pot and flat screen TV with cable. We have always found the rooms clean and the staff friendly. When full it does attract families with children but the rooms are very quiet. If you view it as a cheap and safe place to sleep after a day of fun at the beach. My children would rather go to your beach than any other beach in Florida. I believe you would be satisfied.
Keep up the good work and we will see you guys on our next trip soon. Family of four including friends family of five.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I'm a local and have stayed at multiple hotels in this area and I would not even consider going back to this place for a few reasons.

First of all we were in a refurbished room and I must say it was clean and had nice new appliances - I liked the room. Nice new paint, new tile floors and shower, new bathroom fixtures. I was impressed. The room itself was great.

The motel was approx 150 yards from the boardwalk over to the beach. With a toddler in tow it took us about 10-15 minutes to get to the water - not bad overall.

We stayed for just under $70 - so it's one of the cheaper places on the beach.

Those are the pros - time for the cons.

The first con is security. This is an old motel/hotel, or whatever classification you want to use - in any case, you walk right off the street up to your room door. There is a locking deadbolt, however on the inside there are no additional safety locks - no chain, no swing lock, nothing - so anyone who has a key can get in at any time. This combo of walkup from the public and no extra inside safety lock presents a safety issue.

The second con is that if you have a family, you need to know that this is one of the cheapest places on the beach side of Treasure Island. The clientele that we encountered at this motel were hanging out mostly right outside of their rooms smoking and drinking. Since there's only about a dozen rooms all right next to each other, you will encounter this. It's not like this place has sprawling grounds to get some privacy - you are literally all on top of other guests - there is no privacy. I really don't care if people are drinking and smoking right outside my room if it's just me and my wife, but if you have a child just know what you are getting into. I was expecting the show "Cops" or "America's Most Wanted" to show up at any minute.

Lastly, the management. Wow. A lady claiming to be the "owner" came pounding on our door around 8:30 p.m. after our toddler went to bed - she banged so hard on our door that I thought it was a S.W.A.T. team serving a warrant. She told us that the manager gave my wife the master key and my wife didn't return it. I informed her that there was some sort of mistake on the manager's part since we only got our original key at check in and that was it - we never got locked out and therefore never needed a master key (what's a manager giving a master key to the entire motel to some guest anyway?????).

She came back about 30 minutes later and I swore that she banged on the door so much harder this time that some paint came off it. Again, she insisted on getting this master key back. Our conversation got a bit heated this time as she again was mistaken and apparently had not yet found this missing master key to the entire motel. At this point, my wife and I were tired of getting harassed by this person.

This lady claimed to be the owner. I don't know who she was, nor do I care. In any case it was blatantly apparent that she had mental issues.

If she was the owner, then this place is permanently doomed until it is sold. If she was a manager, then this place is doomed until she leaves. If she was a guest, then that's par for this course as she fit right in with this hotel's atmosphere.

In any case, we immediately packed up and left this place and simply went home at 9:30 p.m. We left because: 1) someone had the master key to everyone's room and the management didn't know where it was, and 2) the room did not have inside locks, and 3) I didn't want to be harassed by insanity girl any longer. It was a matter of safety.

They can keep my $70, my family's safety (and sanity) is worth a tad more than that.

My advice for anyone thinking about staying here - DON'T. There are plenty of other places in this area for just a few dollars more that have their act together. Do NOT waste your time staying here. Do NOT threaten your safety by staying here. However, if you want a real "ma and pa" motel experience and feel like living on the edge, then this place is for you!

Never again for me.

*****UPDATE 7/10*****
About a month after this happened, the owner contacted my wife. Apparently he was trying to contact whomever wrote this review and finally figured it was me. Anyway, he profusely apologized and even refunded our money.

He informed my wife that they had an out of town emergency and luckily that crazy lady was only the management (basically she was who they were stuck with) - at least they can get rid of her once the emergency is over and they're back in town. Anyway, the owner is upright - so add one more positive item to this review.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank TrentFL
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Dont be fooled like we were by the online pics...these must have been taken in the 1960's or at another place all together. We checked in at 11am on 8/3/09 and checked out at 11:10am on 8/3/09. The ten minutes that I spent in that room was enough to make me feel as if I needed booster shots on all my immunization shots. I would not reccomend that anyone stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank mjp1205
AshleytheManager, Manager at Beach House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2010

I really want to take this time and thanking you for posting that on our page. and I am taking this opportunity to respond to your comments I am really disappointed on what you have left this property was and is under new managent and at no such time was the rooms ever brought to management’s attention that the rooms was unsanitary or unclean. And to leave comments like that is unbelievable! We never claim to have $300.00 @ $44.00 prices we are family owned and operated and pride ourselves be clean and sanitary yes we are inspected just like your favorite restaurant back home is health inspected! I wanted to take a moment to let our guest know that we are in the process of up grading our many property's one of our buildings is completed in January 2010 and are in the process as our 2010 season's is upon us are ironing out our wrinkles. in our beach house that is where the office is located we have newly renovated rooms there are 7 apartments and 1 eff. unit there with new tile floors and new kitchenettes with microwaves and coffeepot with new flat screens TV’s as well has a TV in the bedroom of the apartments. We have come along way. We have enjoyed the sunny beaches and wish to share them with you here we treated you as family because we want you to have a home away from home.
Please feel free to call me or email me with any questions you may have and I do want to apologize for the guest who felt they had to post such a comment such as that I assure you if you should have let management know what condition the you was in. it would have been corrected. My name is Ashley please feel free to ask for me. Thanks.
ashley_beachhouse@yahoo.com

Reviewed June 10, 2009

I travelled with my husband, son, mother in-law,father in-law and sister in-law. We thought we were getting a beach house what we got was well err...on the main drag with towering condos blocking the view of the beach. There was a house behind ours and you had to walk down a 1/2 block long road to a boardwalk that led you accross approx. 200ft of sea oats to get to the beach.
The house itself was very clean but very dated other than new carpet in the bedrooms. We had two bedrooms each with a bathroom a full kitchen small dining room and a living room that had a fold out bed. I found out while there that the previous manager passed away recently in the apartment above ours, but I ain't affraid of no ghosts.
It was a nice week though it was a disappointment when i ask for a beach house and I see photos (and I always do as much research to find my ideal spot) I expect to walk out the door, step on sand and see nothing but the water. When i called I asked if I would be directly on the beach and i was told I would be :(

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family