“Nice, cozy, comfortable,clean and friendly environment!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Satellite Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Satellite Motel
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Brazil
“Nice, cozy, comfortable,clean and friendly environment!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2009

I have stayed at the Satellite motel since 1997, 2-3 times/year, on vacation or on business, with groups, by myself and with my family. This nice place is very conveniently located, safe, clean, cozy, has excellent rates, is just across from the beach and is very well taken care of a wonderful family: John and Christine Slowek , who are always there with prompt assistance to whatever your needs are. No wonder the same customers, like me, keep coming every year. I strongly recommend it for those who care for a safe, comfortable and family-type place.
Eliana Gleide Vieira Silva - Belo Horizonte- Brazil

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Luray, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

we highly recommend this wonderful motel and wonderful staff! it is one of the best motels we have ever stayed at. it was so clean and well cared for. the pool was perfect for lap swimming, we are on a masters swim team. the owner and staff was so helpful and kind to us. we plan on coming back here again soon. great motel and staff!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

I came to the place with my spouse. We had a very good time. The rooms are very clean and remodeled. The management was very kind and welcoming. It has a good location. It is located across the street from the beach. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone that is looking for a peaceful and quiet stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Newfoundland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

If you are looking for an economical place to stay that is clean and near the beach, then look no further. The Satellite Motel sits directly across the street from the beach, it is very clean (thank you Terri), has a great pool and bbq grill for everyone to use. I would highly recommend this one to anyone visiting Treasure Island.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank NewfieSnowBird
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2008

I personally love this place. I have stayed here several times and have had a great stay every time. However, this place is not perfect and guests need to have realistic expectations.
1. The manager (Anna) speaks good english, but it can be a little difficult to understand at times. I made sure that I repeated everything about my reservations when I called, and never had a problem.
2. This is an older "vintage" motel. Some things may be a little beat up or threadbare. That being said, it was always spotlessly clean and tidy, both inside and out. The grounds and pool are always clean and neat.
3. The pool is only open for limited hours (9am to 9pm I think). This is so they can add chemicals and perform cleaning and maintainence. The pool patio remains open so guests can socialize outside in the evenings.
4. The office has limited hours. Anna and her husband do need to sleep! If you are going to arrive late, you need to make arrangements in advance! Anna always calls me on the day of my arrival to confirm the time :)
This place is a great value, especially off season! As such, they have a lot of "regulars" who come during the same time every year. I recommend making reservations as early as possible to avoid disappointment. There is a municipal park/beach right across the street and this place has a great location on the island. If you want a party location, or require new ammenities, this is not the place for you. The management does a great job with what they have, but this is not the Hilton.
One last thing, there are other "mom and pop" places in Treasure Island to stay, so why don't you try them. This is my place and I don't want everybody taking all the reservations, hee hee. ;-)

• Liked — This place is soooo inexpensive!!
  • Disliked — During the off season in the fall and winter, Treasure Island is invaded by geezers! haha
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank ThirstyPirate
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

We really enjoyed our time at Treasure Island, one reason being that we stayed at Satellite Motel. This is the place to stay if you have children or are a couple wanting a place to relax. The prices are excellant per night. We had a room with all of the kitchen appliances in it. And the Beach is just across Blvd. We look forward to next year and spending time there again.

2 Thank Sanddollar_1
iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2007

We really enjoyed our stay here. Nice and clean. Cheap. Friendly staff. People from all over the world come to stay here. Quiet. Lovely pool area. Very relaxing.

The only down side was we didn't have a working phone. ( But vacation you shouldn't need one right?) And it's located across the street from the beach. We prefer beach side.

Can't say enough good things about the staff and the Rooms had everything we needed to make meals if we wanted too.

Would stay here again.

• Liked — The quiet atmosphere, clean rooms, pool area, not far from good food, shopping, Friendly staff.
  • Disliked — Our phone did not work in our room.
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ladylovestheocean