“Great place to stay”
Review of Satellite Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Treasure Island
Satellite Motel
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Satellite Motel last month and had a great time. Owned by a very nice family, clean, and great location. They have a nice pool but we opted to hangout at the beach which is a short walk. Great sunsets! We hope to be back soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I would love to stay at the Satelite but when ever I call to see about a room for the end of April even a whole year in advance the owner says well I have my usuals. It's like they have not made reservations yet but she waiting on them .Would like to be a usual but that will never happen. The funny thing is when the owner was out of town on family business I called to check again for April 2014 and the person working told me there were plenty of rooms at the time I wanted but I would have to wait for the owner to come back to make a reservation. So I called today and she tells me there full. I just don't get it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank steve h
Christine S, Owner at Satellite Motel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I'm sorry about the misunderstanding that took place recently. Most of the regular guests that stay here make reservations a year ahead of time before they leave. The person that took over while we were away must have looked at the wrong month. It is a small business and we do what we can to accommodate everyone. We are sorry about any inconvenience.
Blantyre, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Always stay at this motel and have been going for years. Family owned and very clean and friendly. Rooms are spacious and added bonus of kitchen. Outdoor area and pool very clean and well kept. Great value for money and area ideal for touring. Johns Pass a short drive away or even better a walk along the beautiful beach! Many bars and restaurants within walking distance check out Ricky T's for a real bar experience or Sloppy Joes for beautiful sunsets, both popular places to eat. As a family will always return to this little piece of paradise and know many others who do the same!

Room Tip: Choose upstairs so you can watch the beautiful sunsets1
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have been staying here for at least 3 years. it is only 1 hour from my house and a perfect spot across from the beach. The service is very good and the rooms are very clean. I love to hang out at the pool when it is hot. I get sunburned every time but don't care. This is a very nice place for the money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Steve F
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I LOVE this hotel! Spent a week here and even made friends while staying here! Right next to the beautiful beach, shops, and johns pass. The service was ok.. She told us to not use some of the toilet paper, but otherwise then that I'd say everything's amazing. Clean beds, no bugs whatsoever. I stayed in room #123 and it has a beautiful balcony! Not just #123 but all of them do! Recommended!

• Stayed August 2013
L'Ile-Perrot, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Clean Rooms, nice people, awesome rates, great location...what more can one ask? My second time there, and I'll keep coming back! Just cross the street to the beach and plenty of stores and restaurants around. Johns Pass is a few blocks away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 5, 2013

As noted by other reviews, this place is not a 5-star hotel. It's a classic motel from times past. But luckily, alot of things have been updated.
First off, the staff is very friendly. Especially the owner (I forgot her name, but she was very nice). The rooms are clean and somewhat updated recently. It's nice having a kitchenette, so you can save some money on meals. TV's are nice and there's even WiFi!! Oh, more importantly for Florida. The AC units keep your room cool even in the heat of the day. The pool area looks like it's been recently updated. It was well kept and fairly large. There's a grill and several patio tables for guest use.
The beach is right across the street. One thing to keep in mind, it's a very wide beach, so it's a long walk to reach the water. But the beach is beautiful and it wasn't too crowded.
There are all kinds of great places within walking distance and a Waffle House right next door if you don't feel like cooking.
For the price you pay, this is a great place to stay and it won't break the bank. If you're expecting something super fancy though, you should go somewhere else and pay 5 to 10 times more!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family