Wrote this original review on return flight home
We just returned from a 4 night stay at Sunset Vista. A true bargain for your money. The hotel is located directly on the beach. There is a vendor on the beach to rent lounge chairs, umbrellas and cabannas for a reasonable daily rate. Since we stayed on the beach past 5pm they allowed us to keep our lounge chair as long as we placed it with the others when we left the beach. Thank you and no problem for us. The hotel offers a children’s pool and an adult pool with Jacuzzi. For those that would like to order a drink there is a beach bar to serve your needs. We found that purchasing our own liquor and making the drinks from our room to take to the beach was great for us. Our suite included 2 bedrooms with a partial view balcony. In most of our travels we select the least expensive room due to the fact that while we are on vacation we only use our room to sleep. The suites are quite spacious and have all the imenities (and more) that you would require at a beach front hotel; blender, washer & dryer, full kitchen. We were out on the beach immediately after breakfast until early evening. My husband is an avid fisherman and we enjoyed fishing from the jetti at Johns Pass in the evening until sunset. We rented a car and the drive was quick and easy from Tampa International. There are plenty of restuarants and evening entertainment to quench everyone’s fancy.
Sunset Vista is a clean, economical, and friendly hotel. If you are looking for a place to enjoy the beach, an entertaining night life, fishing, and water sports in a safe community environment I would recommend Sunset Vista. In speaking with other guests many of them had stayed at Sunset before. Thank you to the staff at Sunset Vista, especially Ron and Jamie, they were a wealth of knowledge. We enjoyed this hotel so much that prior to checking out we made our reservations for the same time next year.
November 2010 Update:
Our parents and siblings with spouses will be enjoying the trip with us next year. Thank you Oliver and Brianna for all of your assistance during the reservation process for the other family members. A truly impressive staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect family beachfront resort offering condo-sized suites and resort amenities all under one roof! Located directly on one of America’s award winning beaches and overlooking the Gulf of Mexico is this “all-suite” resort hotel offering 154 - 2 bedroom/2 bath & 3 bedroom/3 bath condo-size suites. 24 hour front desk, on-site restaurant/cafe, beach/tiki bar, heated pool, 2 whirlpools & kiddie pool with fountains. Free use of business & fitness center, free WiFi, reserved parking & daily paper. Enjoy beach volleyball, ping pong, corn toss and more. Each suite is designed in a “Coastal Living” style motif and offers spacious living/dining rooms, full size kitchens with all appliances, china, glass & silverware, in-suite washer/dryer & private balconies facing the beach. Lush tropical courtyard with multiple waterfalls and fountain. Daily, weekly & group rates are available. Walk to world famous John’s Pass Village for more restaurants, shopping, jet skis, fishing and dolphin tours. Tampa Bay’s Busch Gardens and the area’s other world-class museums and attractions are just minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Hotel Treasure Island
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Resort
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites Treasure Island, Florida