“desperate need of towels”

Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
new york, new york
“desperate need of towels”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2007

I recently stayed at the Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites for four nights. Getting towels for the unit we stayed in was a daily fiasco. The management claimed there were problems with the towel service company.Also, no one ever came to clean our unit. The clerks at the front desk were young and somewhat inexperienced. For example, while waiting for our room to be changed, I asked the clerk if someone could call me on my cell phone when my room was ready, and was told they don't do that, but then another clerk asked for my number so he could call me when the room was ready. Also note that this complex does not provide beach chairs, chaise lounges or umbrellas without a daily charge. All in all the units are just okay but the beach on this property is beautiful.

2 Thank eatonsneck

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2007

We booked a 2 night stay here (extended to 3) following reviews on this website.This was to be a break from "theme park hell" in Orlando! We were absolutely delighted with our apartment, very clean, spacious, well equipped. Beach almost empty, wonderful sunsets from the balcony.Our room was just above the beach bar but no problems with noise. Excellent value for money.
Nearby, St John's Pass for breakfast/lunch and FANTASTIC thai restaurant near St Pete's beach that easily accommodated our vegetarian, coeliac twin daughters. Located an easy distance from Busch Gardens where we spent a brilliant queue free day, the US schools having gone back.

• Liked — size, location
  • Disliked — cafe
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2007

My sister and I picked this place at random. We almost were afraid that we couldn't afford it but lo and behold it was such a bargain!!!!. The suite was absolutely beautiful and clean. It was more than we could ever have imagined. We were lucky enough to get a top floor suite facing the Gulf. We had already been in Florida for 5 days but I can honestly say that this was the crowning highlight of the whole trip!

If you are looking for an affordable, completely relaxing, luxurious place to stay, look no further! Absolutely loved it!!!!

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank Curioussmile
tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2007

our stay at sunset vistas is for a weekend get away and a bday celebration. my husband and i we're very surprise with the suite we have. we have a suite overlooking the pool area and gulf. stunning view. you can feel the sea breeze and hear the wave. very relaxing. perfect view!! can't ask for anything more. the staff are very friendly. the hotel itself, the view, the cleanliness, the location close to anywhere you want to go, just about everything, it will definitely make your vacation an unforgettable one. we will definitely recommend your hotel to our friends.

• Liked — perfect view
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jaylo24
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2007

Great spot for a family vacation with small children!
We booked this through Makos Vista and can't say enough about how great it was. I had read many reviews - not all positive - and was a bit leary about booking straight from the internet, but wasn't disappointed. The room was spotless, we got an early check in, there were plenty of towels, dishes, toys for the kids and were able to get a high chair and play pen for our youngest son! Overall, a very clean, quiet place to go if you're looking to have some quality family time. All the staff were very friendly, and it was a bonus that we didn't have to check into the main office when we arrived. Since everything was done through Jill Helgren, we simply got our key code for our room (which was nice that we didn't have to carry a key around) the week before and simply went to our room upon arrival and began our vacation.
We would definitely recommend this spot if you're looking for good value, great pool - especially the children's pool and some R&R.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank Spencer17
Northants, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2007

Pay the extra for a proper ocean view, its worth the little extra cost. Beach is great. We had a suite and it was fine. Pool is good. Would stay here again if in Treasure Island.

• Liked — The view
lisaholly
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2007

I stayed at this horrible hotel in June of 07. At check in I had no reservation, although I had a confirmation number. The girl at the front desk stated, "once again the reservation's manager is not doing her job." So after about 30 minutes of standing there I was finally checked into a partial view even though I booked a side gulf view. While standing in the lobby one of the girl's at the desk literally had to turn down her walkie talkie due to the accountant, which I later found out, was cursing up a storm because he could not find the maintenance man. Okay fine, just make sure that your young children remain in the car at check in. I was handed 2 keys although I needed 4, but.....I was informed that if I were to accept more than two, that most probably the others would not work. So they told me that I most probably would not be able to get into my hotel room and surprise surprise I couldn't. After about 3 attempts from the security guard no less, I was finally "upgraded" to an actual gulf view although this is what I originally booked. Very very shady. Finally after about an hour and a half my family and I were able to settle in our new unit, which by the way, took two times before we could get into that one, because the keys did not work. Okay fine again. So in the room a few things were wrong: Keys did not work but once, dryer did not heat, cigarette ashes all over our balcony, hair in the guest bedroom, and ice maker well.....did not make ice. Trying to make the most of it on the first day we decided to go to the swimming pool. Well surprise surprise, it was closed because a child had an accident in it. Frustrated we than decided to go out to the beach bar. After a few drinks we sort of laughed off the situation, that was until my son and his friend pointed something out to us. The security guard and the accountant, whom was identifyed by the bartender, were drinking ALOT while making flirtatious remarks to my heterosexual son and best friend. The accountant and the security guard were both males. Nothing against their private lives but how completely unprofessional #1 drinking on the job and #2 fliriting with other young male guests????? The front desk staff was unbelievably rude and when requested to speak to the GM, well......he was nowhere to be found on property. Needless to say our 5 day vacation at Sunset Vistas turned into one day. We ended up staying at a Holiday in Lido Beach in Sarasota. The hotel was much much older but actually functioned for HALF THE PRICE. Sunset Vistas is extremely new but there is no excuse for our experience. Shame on this hotel.

• Liked — The three drinks at the bar.
  • Disliked — The horrible staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family