“Beautiful and warm, but a lot of smokers” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites

Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Indiana
“Beautiful and warm, but a lot of smokers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2009

We rented our unit from and private owner off of VRBO and loved the unit, had everything we could possibly ask for. The pool was beautiful and large and the cafe was good with decent prices. The beach was beautiful and the water warm. Although, our little one would put sand in her mouth so we weren't there often. There is a shake shop right next door with fantastic ice cream and a Publix down the road.

Our one main complaint was that we stayed next to the room where housekeeping takes their breaks and where linens are stored, and all you can smell coming from the room is cigarette smoke. I couldn't sit out on the balcony during the day due to this. I suppose they were to keep the slider closed so smell wouldn't get into where the linens were stored, but I never saw it shut. There must of been 3 people at a time smoking there. When they would open up the main door to leave the room that is all you smell. Thankfully we rented privately, otherwise who knows what the linens would smell like. Also, I do not understand why a hotel resort would place ashtrays next to the kid pool, I believe smoking should be prohibited in this area. Maybe I am being picky about the smoke thing cause I am a non smoker and I come from a state where smoking in public places have been banned. If you can't handle cigarette smoke, I do not recommend renting from this hotel, otherwise if you are a smoker, you can smoke anywhere in this hotel, just please dispose of your cigarettes instead of leaving them on the beach!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank momof2Indiana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
fife
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2009

My husband, son (aged 23) and I spent 10 fab nights here, wish we could have stayed all winter! Our local Travel Agent booked us thru' Surf Song along at Madeira Beach where we picked up the keys. I read many negative reviews on this place but believe me if you Americans had the rubbish weather we get here in Scotland, today 10 May it's rained all day and it's cold then you could complain.

Our condo was spacious & clean, however we never saw a maid the whole time. We made our own beds and washed dishes by hand as we would at home, no hardship! Enough towels were left for our stay and I washed all our clothes before leaving so when we got home to cold Inverkeithing there was nothing to do except miss sunny Florida!!

Pool area is great, beach is lovely but I found the sea not as warm as further down the coast at Siesta Key,which has beautiful sand like baby powder but that's another story.

We love Publix and gathered the locals do too. When we visited the $ was ok but I guess this year it wont be so good. Still great value though.

Visited Tampa as our son is a major ice hockey fan both playing & watching. It was the "Lightning's" first home game of the season. Great atmosphere, good game even though they lost to Carolina. Whilst there went to Ybor City, really interesting learning about the tobacco trade.

All in all loved it all driving around places like Passe-A- Grille seeing the quaint houses. The whole place was buzzing cos' The Rays were deep in the Play-Offs! John's Pass (10 mins walk) is lovely with good eating esp. "Buba Gump".

Anyway try it for yourselves you'll LOVE it!!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank bunto
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

If you like sandpaper sheets and begging for clean towels this is your place. Our feet were black from the filthy tile floors. The partiers on the upper floors carried on until 2:00 am. The staff were very unfriendly. I have skin rash that I attribute to the filthy room.
Never again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank mimi2S
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

We were very pleased with this hotel. It's a great location - away from the extremely congested area but still close to everything. We had no reservations when we arrived around 1:30pm. We were able to get a room, with a discounted rate and immediate occupancy. We loved that each room has an assigned parking spot. Some minor complaints would be no towels at the pool and no vending machines.

in
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

This was our 3rd year at Sunset Visata Resort we love it, until this year because of the private owner we booked with. Showed up at our condo 506S walked in another family was already there. Only because they got there 1st they got the room. Owner CV double books and you won't know tell you get there. He would not agree to pay the add'l $320 we had to pay to get another room with the hotel direct. Owner is very unprofessional and does not honor his reservations. Sunset Vistas is a great place but don't rent unit this unit.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

The location is PERFECT! Located directly on the beach and less than a mile to John's Pass! The pool was perfect for the family. The service was excellent. The Cafe had excellent food at a reasonable price. The Cafe also seemed to have everything we forgot to bring with us (Sun Tan Lotion, swim goggles, dishwasher soap, etc.) The rooms definitely needed a better cleaning (The bedding in particular).

Rockford, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

Overall let me say if you are coming to the St. Pete area this should be on top of your list. It has everything you need, waterfront rooms, great beach, above average pool, and by far a great location. The rooms are huge and very functional with a full kitchen and seperate bedrooms. When you look at where it is located on the beach it is second to none. Johns pass is close by along with other places to eat and within a reasonable driving distance.

Besides the pros I just listed, I also want to say the staff was great. The operations manager was very helpful in dinner suggestions and Patrick was also great for local info. Peg the security guard is a riot and is someone to get to know. Also John in the Cafe is very friendly and can make anything you want. Nick in the tiki bar is by far the best bartender you can ask for.

Cons- The Beds are as hard as a rock. The bedding is old and they don't come with fitted sheets. Apparently they are working on this but I will believe it when I see it.

Also, the housekeeping staff did a quick job cleaning the room. They clean it once and that's it so you expect a good job. We found the floors dirty, the shower not totally clean, and the counters sticky. Now I have to say this, it is really hard to find good work in the beach area. I am sure they are having problems with finding good people so I will cut them some slack.

Bottom line, this is a great place to stay for this area.

• Liked — beach
  • Disliked — beds
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)