My wife and I and our 2yr old daughter & 1yr old son stayed here for the week of Jan 10th-17th, unit #307N. We have traveled to the Tampa/St Pete area for vacations several times over the past couple of years, and this is our first stay at the Sunset Vistas hotels/condos. These units can be rented (similar to a hotel) through the main office, and provide hotel-like services (daily maid service, etc). Some of the unit owners (they are condos, after all) prefer to rent their units on their own (through sites like" vacation rentals by owner" [vrbo.com]). We rented unit #307N through vrbo.com; the owner was providing a $675.00 special for the week, which came to about $850.00 total after taxes and cleaning fees. I've researched rates in this area quite a bit, and for what we got this was a really great deal. When renting through owners and not the hotel, you have to expect that you DO NOT get daily maid service. You make your own beds, and do your own laundry (if necessary), the unit we stayed in had its own washer/dryer, which was nice. the furnishings were very nice and the entire complex appeared to be relatively new. There is a beautiful and large heated pool for adults in the right rear of the complex on the beach; on the left rear, there is a separate kiddy pool (not heated) with fountains and only about 18 inches deep that the kids will love. During January however, it can be cool and the kiddy pool is not heated. Also, it is nice that the adult and kiddy pools are separated. In the kiddy pool area, there is a in-ground jacuzzi hot tub just a few feet from the kiddy pool, so mom & dad can enjoy a good hot soak while the kids splash around in the fountains. The cafe on site is decent and not rediculously overpriced, they serve breakfast as well. There is a fitness room with several pieces of equipment, and though it is not a gym by any measure, you can make do and get a decent workout on the treadmills, ellipticals, or unversal weight machine. Also, in the same area as the fitness room is their internet access, a small room with two computers and printers. Having access to a printer was great for me, as I like to print out my boarding passes the day before I fly, saves time and aggravation at the airport. The wifi that is available within the complex may not be strong enough to reach your laptop in your room. You may have to go out into the courtyard with your computer, this is a little bit of an annoyance if you spend a lot of time on the computer. I found a free wifi site that was accessible from within my 3rd floor room, but it was not the hotels wifi, and the signal was a bit weak but usable. There were no child/infant items (cribs, high chair, etc) available for use at this particular condo we rented, so it was a bit of a hassle for us to get that stuff... but at the price we paid, we felt that this was still worth it. Some items were available, like beach chairs and such, but it was too cool during this week to go in the ocean, so we only ventured on the beach a few times to let the kids play in the sand. Overall, I think the Sunset Vistas is a very nice place, it fills up on the weekends (from the locals inland who come to rent for a couple days) so it can get a bit younger & louder on the weekends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect family beachfront resort offering condo-sized suites and resort amenities all under one roof! Located directly on one of America’s award winning beaches and overlooking the Gulf of Mexico is this “all-suite” resort hotel offering 154 - 2 bedroom/2 bath & 3 bedroom/3 bath condo-size suites. 24 hour front desk, on-site restaurant/cafe, beach/tiki bar, heated pool, 2 whirlpools & kiddie pool with fountains. Free use of business & fitness center, free WiFi, reserved parking & daily paper. Enjoy beach volleyball, ping pong, corn toss and more. Each suite is designed in a “Coastal Living” style motif and offers spacious living/dining rooms, full size kitchens with all appliances, china, glass & silverware, in-suite washer/dryer & private balconies facing the beach. Lush tropical courtyard with multiple waterfalls and fountain. Daily, weekly & group rates are available. Walk to world famous John’s Pass Village for more restaurants, shopping, jet skis, fishing and dolphin tours. Tampa Bay’s Busch Gardens and the area’s other world-class museums and attractions are just minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Hotel Treasure Island
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Resort
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites Treasure Island, Florida