This is the perfect location for a beach vacation. The beach itself was spectacular. Clean. Soft sand. Never over-crowded. The shore at Sunset Vistas is not nearly as deep as the hotels that are just 2-3 doors down, (which have a quarter mile hike through the sand before you hit ocean.) We lucked out on this detail, for sure! SV has loungers, umbrellas or clamshells for rent, and there is a free “take what you need, leave what you don’t” beach box. Some days it was over-flowing with floats, knee boards, chairs and toys. Other days it was completely empty by the time we got there. Hit or miss, but a nice feature.
There were two pools. The kiddie area had a nice sized, zero-entry pool with fountains. Deepest part was 1.5ft so it’s ideal for independent toddlers. There’s also a hot tub in this area. The second pool is a good sized, clover-shaped pool ranging from 3-5ft deep. There are plenty of chairs around the perimeter of the pool and a separate deck with a bunch of loungers.
One downside to the beach/pool, is that they do not supply towels! They encourage you to use hotel room towels at the pool and gladly swap them out (if you call the front desk), but they don’t like for the towels to go to the beach. In my opinion, the hotel needs to invest in a proper towel exchange. We’ve visited many different types of water-front properties and this was the first time we had to go out and buy beach towels. That was disappointing.
We had a couple minor housekeeping issues when we first go into our room but aside from that (and the towel issue) we are so pleased with the facility and the kindness of the staff. They were always tending to the grounds in some form. The front desk staff was warm and kind, even remembering our names. Little things like that make you feel very comfortable.
The units were exactly what we needed, a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment with plenty of storage, a full kitchen & a washer & dryer. We were on a lower level and towards the front of the building (close to the street, rather than the beach). Although I would have liked a better ocean view I did appreciate the quiet of being away from the pools. The accommodations were more than adequate and quite comfortable. Other perks of the property include a ping pong table, workout facility, café (I had a great little breakfast sandwich every morning for just $4), and a beach bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect family beachfront resort offering condo-sized suites and resort amenities all under one roof! Located directly on one of America’s award winning beaches and overlooking the Gulf of Mexico is this “all-suite” resort hotel offering 154 - 2 bedroom/2 bath & 3 bedroom/3 bath condo-size suites. 24 hour front desk, on-site restaurant/cafe, beach/tiki bar, heated pool, 2 whirlpools & kiddie pool with fountains. Free use of business & fitness center, free WiFi, reserved parking & daily paper. Enjoy beach volleyball, ping pong, corn toss and more. Each suite is designed in a “Coastal Living” style motif and offers spacious living/dining rooms, full size kitchens with all appliances, china, glass & silverware, in-suite washer/dryer & private balconies facing the beach. Lush tropical courtyard with multiple waterfalls and fountain. Daily, weekly & group rates are available. Walk to world famous John’s Pass Village for more restaurants, shopping, jet skis, fishing and dolphin tours. Tampa Bay’s Busch Gardens and the area’s other world-class museums and attractions are just minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Hotel Treasure Island
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Resort
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites Treasure Island, Florida