“Greasy Plastic Spoon”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a casual place to grab a bite to eat on the beach and chose Caddy's. Caddy's is fine for drinks and beach gazing, but the band was so loud we had to move away to hear each other's conversation. We ordered fish. When it came, the fish was greasy and the coleslaw was inedible. I had ordered veggies and got fries. When I reminded the waitress, she just said, "Oh...the kitchen messes up a lot!" I was brought a cup of spinach later. We won't be going back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,473)

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Right on the beach, fills up fast at sunset and on the weekends (valet parking for $5 available.) Went on a Saturday night late, entertainment was good but speakers turned up too loud. Told to find a table, waited 5 minutes to get a wait person, did not listen to the order so had to ask twice for water. Shrimp were great, fresh and breaded with panko crumbs but served with sauce in plastic pouches. Spouse would have had a second drink but not asked. My mixed drink tasted like fruit punch not Vodka and Cranberry. Open for breakfast and lunch as well as dinner and we were staying a 10 minute walk away but did not go back.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

The landmark is known as the only place on Sunset Beach where you can drink "on the beach". And that is true. But the food was average at best, and the beer list was sorely lacking. Our waitress was so busy off doing goodness knows what, that I almost left without paying! It took at least 30 minutes for her to finally come to the table to ask if were wanted desert, and than another 15 to collect the tab! If you want to go have a beer on the beach, it's ok. Otherwise, stay away!

Reviewed March 7, 2012

Plastic plates, silverware, cups, everywhere. Service is interested in serving booze rather than food.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

My friend and I were traveling along the Florida seacoast to Treasure Island Beach and we came across Caddy's. This place was awesome and the location was even better. You were truly at the beach, as you parked right on the sand (there were metered spots) and the restaurant itself is on the beach. We accessed the restaurant via the beach and it is a sit whereever you want type of place. We sat outside with our toes right in the sand!! Great picnic tables right on the beach. Yes, there are birds, but they do have overhead ropes to they can not land on your food. Our waitress was great and very personable...however after she served our drinks (mind you they had salt along the rim) she proceeded to lick her fingers (health code violation?). Otherwise, the food was great & the atmosphere was amazing!! Next time we travel down to St. Pete we will be sure to go back!