If you have to save money, this place is ok. We stayed in an end room on the second floor overlooking the shuffle-boards and the awesome beach. Beautiful views of the gulf! The people are very friendly and helpful. The pool is awesome. It was very clean, and the water was at a perfect temperature. People were grilling every evening, and there were a lot of people who came with other families. This made the Easter week lively. There were people of all ages.
The "ok" part was the room. They did not supply dishwashing soap (I bought some, as well as paper towel and a box of tissue), and the kitchen utensils and appliances were less than clean. I only made coffee 1 day and did not feel well later that afternoon. (It could have been any number of things, but it struck me as odd that it was the only time I used the room coffee maker that seemed to be old and moldy. My husband brought me coffee from the store down the street the other days, and I had no other issues.) The house keeping person was very friendly, but she simply wiped out the sink with our towels, made the beds, and vacuumed every other day, if that. We never saw any cleaning solutions used in the kitchen, sink area, nor the toilet and tub.
We usually pay twice the cost of the Sands and stay at the Bilmar. We wanted to save the money this time. I guess it would depend on our financial status to determine if we would return again, but I'm thinking probably not unless they upgrade the cleanliness of the rooms. We will never know unless others add to these posts in the future....
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Sands of Treasure Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sands Of Treasure Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Sands Hotel Treasure Island
- Sands Motel Treasure Island
- The Sands Of Treasure Island Florida