Surf Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Satellite Motel(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Black Pearl Resort(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Tahitian Beach Motel(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Thunderbird Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Sea Jay Motel(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
South Beach Condo/Hotel(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
The Bayside Inn & Marina(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
Bilmar Beach Resort(Treasure Island)
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distancewasher and dryerpool and hot tubfull kitchenmaster bedroomacross the streetsuper scoopsnice condofamily vacationlarge balconycondo hotelrecommend this resortair mattressgrocery storemiddle grounds grillgreat place to stayjohn's pass
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our third stay on Treasure Island, and our first at Surf Beach so we have something to compare with.
This place is excellent, if we could give more than 5 stars we would.
Our condo was roomy, well appointed, comfortable and most important to us, spotless, the kitchen very well equipped compared to others we have stayed at, and the bed was very firm and comfortable.
The pool and spa were sparkling clean as was the lounge and BBQ area, I think their secret is the staff and the way they are constantly cleaning and making sure the general area is neat.
The office staff were very helpful and pleasant to deal with.
Every room has an excellent view of the Gulf and the famous sunsets.
We were so impressed we have booked for next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Phillip V
SurfBeachCondos, Manager at Surf Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear CarGuy42,

Thank You for choosing Sunsational Beach Rentals LLC. Your home away from home.

We at Surf Beach Condo Hotel would like to thank you for taking time to leave us a great review and such kind words about our staff!! We strive to make this your home away from home and hope you will return to visit us again soon!

Please be sure to book direct to receive a repeat guest discount!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had a wonderful week , would like to come again! Our two sons with 2 of us enjoyed time at the swimming pool, hot tub, long and wide white sand beach, good food at near restaurants, nice size balcony,good shopping deals, friendly people, gorgeous sunsets, beautiful mornings, lots of shells on the beach, clean 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms condo. Love it

Room Tip: 502 room has a nice view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 839ANNA
SurfBeachCondos, Manager at Surf Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear 839Anna,

Thank You for choosing Surf Beach Resort. Your home away from home.

Thank You for taking out the time and posting a review for our future travelers. We are happy Your recent stay at The Surf Beach Resort was pleasant and enjoyable.

Please be sure to book direct to receive a repeat guest discount for your future stay.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am just finishing up a two month stay at Surf Beach and it is my first time at this location. I found this spot by doing a Google search and then reading reviews about it on Trip Advisor.

I arrived on New Years day and I have to say that this complex has lived up to all the excellent reviews I read. The booking of our stay was quite easy to do via email and I really like the fact that the hotel has a 1-800 number available for our family and friends to call us from home.

We had a room on the fifth floor which provided us a gorgeous unobstructed view of the beach and Gulf of Mexico but I must admit that every room in the hotel has the same view. Our accommodations were excellent and the photos of the room interiors displayed on the Surf Beach website are very accurate. Both bedrooms were quite suitable for two people and I love the fact of the rooms having two full bathrooms.

There is a new boardwalk out front of the resort that is almost completed and should be finished any day now. It is a very wide concrete walkway that will be lighted for evening walks and it is a great asset to the area

All of the resort staff here at South Beach are exceptional. The assistant manager, Eva goes out of her way to accommodate your request. Her name tag may say “Assistant” but I believe she really runs the place.

As an example, my room didn't have a non-stick frying pan and I made a mess when I fried a couple of eggs, so the next morning I went and asked Eva if there might be a spare one around. She checked right away and when she found they didn't have one, she called their sister resort to see if they could accommodate this request. She called me to advise there maybe a delay in obtaining one for me, so I told her not to bother as I could just go across the street and purchase one. Eva insisted on me giving her a little time and to my surprise within an hour there was an employee knocking on my door, delivering two brand new frying pans. I heard of other guest having the same kind of customer service.

Kelly is the newest member working the reception area and she is quite friendly and I am sure she will be willing to help guest with any concerns they may have.

The maintenance staff Mark and Greg keep on top of everything at the property. Daily they tear apart the propane barbeques to clean them, garbage cans are constantly emptied and the pool lounge area is well kept.

The house-keeping staff Blanca and Sue are also very nice and do an excellent job with the rooms.

The pool and hot tub are kept very clean and warm, and they currently are in the process of installing a handicap lift unit to aid disabled guest.

All in all I have no doubt I will return to this hotel and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Glenn-Retired-Copper
SurfBeachCondos, Guest Services at Surf Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Glenn-Retired-Co,

Wow! Thank You for such remarkably kind words about the staff and Surf Beach. As you know, we work very hard to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience while visiting Treasure Island.

However, our guests at Surf Beach definitely make our job easy. We have the best guests on the Gulf Coast by far! You have been helpful, kind, and considerate to everyone. We have enjoyed your visit with us and you will be greatly missed until you visit again.

We hope to see you the same time, same place next year. Please be sure to call us direct for your repeat guest discount or just to simply say Hi!

Kelly
Guest Services

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I'd like to keep it a secret, but guess it's only fair to share. This condo hotel is located on a wide
beautiful beach~~goregous sunsets on the Gulf of Mexico top my list; middle of the night star viewing from a wide, private balcony a treat.Early morning walks on the shell strewn beach allow one to watch the sun rise over the skyline. You may not get the exact room you choose online, but so far that has not been a problem for our visits. The condo hotel rooms are well decorated with, kitchen, living room, washer and dryer. The women who work the front desk are helpful and very congenial. As another reviewer mentioned, the maintenance man responded quickly replacing a malfunctioning coffee maker & a couple of minor, routine repairs.
In a short distance you can explore all the cities along that line, visit other areas like Sarasota, Venice, Fort DeSoto in a day trip. Although there is no restaurant, there some within walking distance. No fitness center, but those walks on the beach can be a substitue, or join the joggers on the beach! Hope there will be room for to come back next winter!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Aleise
SurfBeachCondos, Manager at Surf Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Dear Aleise,

Thank You for choosing Sunsational Beach Rentals LLC. Your home away from home.

It is such great pleasure to read our guests pleasurable experiences at the Surf Beach Resort.
We are very pleased that our accomodations met your expectations. We pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable accomodations for all of our guests.

Thank you for all your kind words about the staff and hope You will be back soon to visit Us again.

Please be sure to book direct to receive a repeat guest discount for your future stay .

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Surf beach is a two bed, two bath condo hotel. The Gulf of Mexico is close enough to walk to but far enough away not to hear the people. We had a beautiful view from our private balcony as well as our couch in the living room! The unit was modern and clean with all the comforts of home. The only outside noise we heard was from the pool directly below us which was only during the day.
There is not daily maid service which was fine with us. I didn't feel like I had to keep everything picked up and put away. There was an abundant supply of towels to last us during our stay, along with a washer & dryer in the unit if needed. There wasn't any laundry detergent furnished though.
The only noise I had to adjust to was the water running in the unit above us. I just shut the bathroom doors at night and didn't hear it.
I liked the fact this is a smaller hotel with only 30 units and felt like someone at the office was always willing to help us. We had a late check-in which went very smooth.
The reviews of this hotel were spot on. It doesn't have a restaurant or fitness center but who needs it when you've got the beach to walk on and restaurants & shopping to walk to?

Room Tip: A little higher than room 202 would have a better view, but yet on the second floor we always took the stairs and didn't have to wait for the elevator. We booked through Expedia and have a feeling from other reviews that 202 seems to be the Expedia room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank seniorita60
SurfBeachCondos, Manager at Surf Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Seniorita60,

Thank You for choosing Sunsartional Beach Rentals LLC. Your home away from home.

Please be sure to book direct to receive a repeat guest discount for your future stay and also advise us you wish to stay on a higher floor up. We cannot promise a specific unit, but we definitely can do our best to accommodate you with your personal requests.