“Perfect for us” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Illinois
“Perfect for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

This place was a super find! Lovely, sparkling clean fully stocked/furnished unit. We brought dish detergent, paper towels, coffee filters, and body wash with us and were delighted that even these conveniences were already in our unit. Modern bathrooms and appliances, even a vacuum, hair dryer, iron. We were on the third floor, balcony overlooking the pool/spam which was also beautifully maintained/cleaned despite about 30 kids using it the day we arrived. The next morning I was worried about the cleanliness factor, but found a maintenance man diligently scrubbing and skimming them. By the afternoon, pool was sparkling and deserted, so my daughter and I spent a few blissful hours down there. Of course the beach is RIGHT THERE, white sugar sand, warm water only a few feet deep so you can wade out forever it seems! I laughed when I read the prior reviews about beach being too long to walk out to. They must never walk anywhere because the Ocean is NOT very far,(takes less than 2 minutes to walk out to it) unless you never walk anywhere! Loved it even more than pool for swimming. Only drawback is not alot of unique shells there. just little clams, coquinas all over.
Management has day hours, but was very helpful and kind when we had a request or question.There is an emergency number for after hours if you need it. Eva even printed out our etickets for Busch Gardens for us when we found we couldn't print them from our computer...a lifesaver!!! She also gave us several good dining suggestions, Sloppy Joes- awesome chowder and fishnchips, RickeyTs - cool live music n drinks, The Floridian had best pressed sandwiches-cuban and Ham n Cheese!!! Very reasonable prices everywhere... Loved this place... Check out Florida Shell Shop down the street for cool unique gifts.
Surf Beach resort was seriously the best value and quality you can for a laid back, beautiful vacation. We just loved it and already miss those beautiful sunsets and sunrises on our balcony!!!

Room Tip: I liked our 3rd floor location because we didnt have to wait for the elevator and could scoot down t...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SurfBeachCondos, Guest Services at Surf Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Holymoni

Thank You for choosing Sunsational Beach rentals, LLC as Your home away from home. We are truly thrilled to know that You had a great vacation at our condo resort.

It is also a pleasure to know that the staff was very helpful to all Your needs and You were able to enjoy everything that the beautiful city of Treasure Island/ St. Pete Beach has to offer.

We hope to see You and Your family again soon. Please be sure to book through Us for the next time visit to receive a repeat guest discount.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Seffner, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

We are a frequently returning guest. We stay at both the Southbeach and Surf Beach and find that the staff is always helpful and if we need it, they find it. Love the roomy balcony and the availability to restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank annodjean
Dear Annodjean,

Thank You for choosing Sunsational Beach Rentals,LLC Your home away from home. It is always a pleasure to hear great reviews from our repeat guests.

Thank You for the wonderful words about our staff and our property.

Hope You had a safe trip back home and hope to see You and Your family back soon again!
Union City, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

although the property itself was pleasant, the staff was not courteous at all, upon check out the manager instructed the house keeping to dispose of some items that I left behind in the master bathroom even though I ask them to hold them for me I was coming back to the property after a boat trip. and she gave all sort of nonsense excuse of why she trow away my brand new blouse ans flat iron all together worth $130. Long long story, very disappointed, I could just went back right after I realized about my items, but instead I trusted them "fail". a Disney resort in California mailed back to me (and paid the postage) a camcorder, in a separate trip they also mailed a DSI that my son left in the safe. The Sunsational manager didn't appreciate that I chose the property for my group of 5 families. Won't ever stay there nor neither my friends will recommend the property because of what the manager did to me.

Room Tip: they have nice decorated units but also standard ones, mine wasn't nice, dishwasher didn't...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marcela N
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Having a two bedroom condo when traveling with teenagers is a godsend. These condos are nicely furnished and the views from the balcony are beautiful. The kitchens have all of the essentials and we had a wonderful home cooked meal whole sitting on the balcony. The location is nice. It's right next to a park with volley ball courts and a kids play area, the grocery store is about a block away and I reccomend you cross the street for some ice cream from Super Scoops. The units have a washer and dryer as well .. A nice plus when you have salty sandy clothes from a day on the beach. My only complaints are small. The desk is only staffed during limited hours sonic you have a problem or a question you are left to fend for yourself. The description of the room said there would be a DVD player, the kids and I like to watch movies together at night when we are finally all together, and there wasn't. And there was no one at the desk to call about it. I had a problem with the coffee pot and, of course, no one at the desk .. So no coffee in the morning. I asked about staying another night and was told I would have to pay more than fifty dollars more than I paid for the obvious nights .. And the rate I paid was still available on line. This irritated me and I chose not to stay. It's not that the place isn't nice, it's just that there isn't anyone to assist you with any problems. I reccomend the South Beach Condo Hotel .... They have both one and two bedroom condos that are very very nice and a front desk that is actually staffed.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SWFloridaTeri
SurfBeachCondos, Guest Services at Surf Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear SWFloridaTeri,

Thank You for choosing Sunsational Beach Rentals as Your home away from home. Though it is nice to hear that You enjoyed the area and most of the things that our condo/resort has to offer, I am truly sorry to hear that You were not fully satisfied.

We do advise all of our guests that our daily office hours are from 9AM - 5PM, Sun 10AM- 4PM, if there are any problems or questions after the office is closed we provide our guests with a 24hr help. The emergency number is disclosed at the time of the check in and also is displayed in the front lobby for all of our guests. Our staff is more than happy to help with any questions or concerns You may have had and gladly would have came to the resort to assist You and Your family. Our condo does also provide a DVD player, if You did not have it in the unit- front desk staff should've been notified and our maintenance personnel would've installed it for Your pleasure.

We are truly sorry that Your expectations weren't met and hope You would give our resort a second chance.
Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

My family of 4 just returned from a 7 night stay at Surf Beach in Treasure Island. It was a wonderful vacation! Very relaxing and easy-going. Surf Beach was wonderful to work with. The condos are 2 bedroom, 2 bath condos with washer/dryers in the units (so handy with all the swimsuits and sandy stuff). The units are all tile (another great thing with all the sand) flooring and EVERY single unit has a beachfront view. You can see the beach from the sofa in the living room and from the bed in the master suite. It truly is gorgeous! The unit we stayed in (603) was nicely decorated and appointed with all the utensils and such that we needed for our stay (even a pizza cutter!). We arranged for late arrival which was super-easy, just a lock-box code to get your paperwork and key from the lobby and then turn in paperwork and get additional unit key in the morning when the office opens.
Now, some have complained in the past that the amenities here are not what they could be. This is called a resort, but it really ought not to be called that. It doesn't have a restaurant or a fitness room. There IS a nice pool, a tanning deck, a grilling deck, and such. The best thing about this place really is the condo space for the money (paid twice as much for a less-appointed condo in San Diego last year) and the amazing beach views!
My recommendation would be to get a unit on the top level (6) as we never heard a neighbor and it was booked solid while we were there (but maybe only 30 units all told in the complex). Also, when going to the beach they do have beach chairs you can use, but if you want to lounge you have to rent the equipment on the beach. The rental guy has these deals: Lounge for the day = $8, 2 lounges and umbrella for the day = $30, or 2 lounges and umbrella for 2 hours = $15. We actually opted for all three at different times during our stay based on our need. I highly recommend the umbrella, though if you have any aversion to burning but want to spend a good amount of your day on the beach!
Also - final note, across the street is a darling little shop called Super Scoops. The owners, Monty and Diane, are the kindest people and will serve you yummy hand-dipped ice cream with a smile and some great tips on where to dine and what to do while you're in town.
ENJOY!

Room Tip: All units have beachfront views, but we stayed on the top (6th) floor and never heard a peep from th...
4 Thank HeatherS1
SurfBeachCondos, Guest Services at Surf Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear HeatherS1,

Thank You for choosing Sunsational Beach Rentals as Your home away from home. It is a joy to know that You and Your family had a wonderful time at out resort.

We truly appreciate You taking out the time and writing such a discriptive review for other travelers.

We hope to see You and Your family back soon again. Please be sure to book through Us direct to receive a repeat guest discount.
Harrison, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

My husband, daughter ( 3 year old) and I planned to stay at surf beach resort for 4 days and then go to disney...We stayed on 2nd floor and loved it...We left for two days and our three year old decided that she would prefer to go back to surf beach instead of dinsey (WHAT!!!)..Sounds great!! So thanks to the wonderful staff we booked 4 more days and moved to the 6th floor! We fell in love.. My daughter always gets home sick and this time she was so happy that she was mad that we had to leave...The best vacation we have ever taken..The view was to die for and the pool and grills was icing on the cake! We only went out to eat once.. The kitchen,laundry,decor,staff,was awesome!! We plan to come back for 10 days every year! I am excited because my husband and i actually enjoyed each other and had no worries...Believe me I can always find something to worry about!Not this time!!! We love this place!!!!!...(from Cincinnati Ohio)

Room Tip: All rooms have beach view but the top floor is amazing!!!
1 Thank mlc1800
SurfBeachCondos, Guest Services at Surf Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Dear Mlc1800,

Thank You for choosing Surf Beach Resort as Your home away from home. We are very thrilled to hear that Your whole family enjoyed their stay with us.

Thank You for the wonderful review You left for other travelers. We are looking forward seeing You and Your family again next year! Please be sure to book through Us for a repeat guest discount.
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

We have travelled to the Treasure Island area for many years. We have stayed at this resort and have not been disappointed. The office staff is courteous, informative and very accommodating. The property is very clean and meticulously maintained. The units are also very clean and have everything you need. Pretty much a home away from home.

Lots of amenities nearby (within walking distance) such as restaurants, snacks, bars with live entertainment, grocery store, drug store etc.

We had another enjoyable week at Surf Beach and wouldn't hesitate to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 301 this year and appreciated the fact that there were twin beds in the second bed...
1 Thank Con11
Dear Con11,

Thank You for choosing Sunational Beach Rentalc, LLC as Your home away from home. It is wonderful to know that You were satisfied with your stay at Surf Beach Resort.

Thank You for the kind words about our staff as well as the condos. We truly hope to see You and Your family soon again.

Be sure to book through Us for Your next time visit to receive a repeat guest discount!