“Amazing food, service, and ambiance!”
Review of Pearl Restaurant

Pearl Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Superb food & service with a very ecletic menu.
Reviewed October 26, 2008

Whenever in Treasure Island, the Pearl Restaurant beams of exceptionally great food, quality of service, and intimate atmosphere. When you take your first bite, you will delve into the seas that give life to taste, and that soothe the soul and bring warmth to the heart. The food is a meditteranean medley that takes mutliple visits to taste all its variety. There is something for evryone, and the prices are right on the mark, in this troublesome economy, your stress level is too high to not indulge once in a while, and when you do, go straight to Treasure Island where your seat at the Pearl awaits you. We love the restaurant and love the chef who becomes well acquanted with his guests, and makes them feel right at home. A must try!

Reviewed October 7, 2008

travel weekly for business, making it to every major city in the United States at least once a year. On these trips, I purposefully dine at the best restaurants I can find! I happily call The Pearl my favorite local beach restaurant and highly recommend it to any fellow foodies who are looking for a fine dining experience on the beaches of Pinellas County. The Pearl is very family friendly. We have had large parties of up to 20 with 6 children and the staff and kitchen make them feel at home with special food and treatment.

At The Pearl, Chef Karim has created the perfect combination of great food, great service and a relaxed yet upscale atmosphere that is rare on the beach, but would be at home in any major American city. Karim's' secrets are relentless sourcing of quality ingredients and straightforward preparation. An added bonus.....delicious handmade sauces made by him personally several times a week. You can also find specials such as elk loin, soft shell crab (best ever!), ostrich filets and unique fish imported fresh from Hawaii (yes, FRESH) along with standard house favorites such as tuna martini and filet mignon. Karim pays homage to his Middle Eastern roots in tapas menu choices such as hummus and baba ghanoush, but a must have is the fish tagine cooked lovingly in Moroccan spices for hours resulting in moist fish and flavorful vegetables.

A word about the staff....if you find a favorite, don't hesitate to ask for them. This is the kind of place that wants to cater to you and make sure your dining experience is consistent and of the highest quality every time. Don't be surprised if Chef Karim visits your table and remembers you on your next visit. This is also the kind of place where substitutions or changes are not a problem. Because there is no "formula" and the ingredients are the stars, it's easy for Chef to customize your meal according to your palette and mood (suppliers willing).

The Pearl's wine list is moderately priced and matched to the extensive menu. You're sure to find something to your liking. Also, be sure to ask about other wines that might be available but not on the standard list. The Pearl also has several good quality beers on tap but no liquor.

I am so happy to personally recommend The Pearl as my family's favorite restaurant!

Reviewed September 28, 2008

A few weeks ago I was on vacation in St. Petersburg and happened to stumble upon The Pearl restaurant in Treasure Island. It is a hidden treasure tucked away along some strip stores. I had planned on eating there just the one night but ended up there 3 out of 5 nights.

The first night I had a Moroccan fish tajine with onions and raisins. It had a unique delicious taste. I am not a big eater, but I'll tell you I ate every bite! The second night I had the Osso Bucco special. It was expensive but well worth it. My last evening there I made a meal out of Tapas and a bottle of wine. It was a great way to taste a variety of the different foods and there was a nice wine selection to choose from.

You feel like you are in a romantic European setting. It's one of the few restaurants around where you can dine in leisure and elegance. To add more charm to the place, the owner came over to make sure everything was to my liking. By my last evening there I felt I had a new friend. I wish the Pearl was up here in the Charlotte area. I would be a weekly regular.

Reviewed September 5, 2008

Outstanding. My wife and I each had a 3 course meal. I started with the Coquille Saint Jacques(Scallops) $9 that were melt in your mouth delicious. My wife had the Bruschetta $7 which we both agreed was the best we've ever had. She had the Fruit and Nut Salad $10 and I had the Crab Salad $13 - the crab/avocado mixture was divine not to mention the homemade French bread. As a main course she had the Filet Au Poivre $27 cooked to perfection and I had Crab Stuffed Lobster Tail $32. Service was great - we were early for dinner 4:30 - and we will make this a regular stop as there were a number of other items on the menu that we want to try next time. Just go!

Reviewed August 22, 2008

We are locals and have been going to the Pearl for several years. We have always had a wonderful dining experience. Karim and his staff are professionals and no matter what you order, it is perfection. The soft shell crab appetizer with beurre blanc sauce is wonderful. When Ossobuco is a special, it is a "must order". The servings are generous and the order comes with salad, bread, vegetable and potator or rice. Great service, atmosphere & food. We highly recommend!