“Number 1 rating is justified” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pearl Restaurant

Pearl Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Superb food & service with a very ecletic menu.
Louisville
“Number 1 rating is justified”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008

Outstanding. My wife and I each had a 3 course meal. I started with the Coquille Saint Jacques(Scallops) $9 that were melt in your mouth delicious. My wife had the Bruschetta $7 which we both agreed was the best we've ever had. She had the Fruit and Nut Salad $10 and I had the Crab Salad $13 - the crab/avocado mixture was divine not to mention the homemade French bread. As a main course she had the Filet Au Poivre $27 cooked to perfection and I had Crab Stuffed Lobster Tail $32. Service was great - we were early for dinner 4:30 - and we will make this a regular stop as there were a number of other items on the menu that we want to try next time. Just go!

Tampa Bay
“One of our favorite restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

We are locals and have been going to the Pearl for several years. We have always had a wonderful dining experience. Karim and his staff are professionals and no matter what you order, it is perfection. The soft shell crab appetizer with beurre blanc sauce is wonderful. When Ossobuco is a special, it is a "must order". The servings are generous and the order comes with salad, bread, vegetable and potator or rice. Great service, atmosphere & food. We highly recommend!

St. Petersburg
“The Treaure of Treasure Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2008

There is true treasure on Treasure Island!! It is called The Pearl Restaurant. Starting with Chef Karim, who is a true artist when it comes to cuisine, and down to the wonderful atmosphere, this is the restaurant of choice for fine dining. Everything on the menu is special; from the tapas to the many selections of fine wines, and truly the most delectable entrees to choose from. One of my many favorites is the Chateau Briand. This Pearl is the real thing!!!
Roger

Madeira Beach, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Place, The Jewel on the Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2008

Whenever I get the opportunity I head to The Pearl. I've had many of the entrees and each has been superb. The service has always been excellent and Chef Karim personally comes by to ensure everything is up to his exquisite standards.

Definitely the jewel on the beach! Not to be missed if you are in the area and enjoy fine dining.

Richard

Treasure Island, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finding Hidden Treasure on Treasure Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

Whenever my friend from up north calls she always asks if I found buried treasure yet since I live here on Treasure Island. Well I have-The Pearl Restaurant and Tapas Bar. Whether you live locally or visiting from out of town,a lovely evening of fine dining awaits you here.Chef Karim and his staff aim to please-you are not just a customer but an honored guest in their home.Like seafood? The chilean sea bass and dover sole are big favorites as well as the restaurant's signature dish The Pearl which is a beautiful dish of shellfish and fresh fish of the day in a lobster champagne sauce. Or try my current favorite-the softshell crab in a light lemon/butter sauce and the seafood crepe. Pair this with a glass of the made daily white sangria(they make white, red, and champagne)and you will go home happy. Meat eaters are rewarded as well. Osso Bucco(my husband's favorite) Filets stuffed with blue cheese,veal chops, and when available venison, bison and ostridge are some of the mouthwatering choices.Boy, am I glad I live nearby! Can't decide? The very pleasant staff are well versed in the preparation of Karim's dishes but are also quick to offer your meal your way if possible.In fact, many times my husband will just ask Karim to make whatever is fresh that day and he's never disappointed.I just have to say that an evening here is so enjoyable. The last few times my friends and I visited we were taken care of by Nick who hails from London,England and had really elevated our dining experience with his on the mark suggestions and friendly conversation.So see for yourself. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two, birthday, friends or family from out of town, or it,s Thursday and you,re tired of your own cooking(that.s my favorite excuse!)treat yourself to an outstanding meal in a cozy atmosphere with impecable service. And when you get back home and your friends ask if you found buried treasure on Treasure Island, you can say "Yes I did-and it,s called The Pearl".
Denise N.