“Awesome”

Pearl Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Superb food & service with a very ecletic menu.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Had my birthday dinner at The Pearl great food I had the short ribs very tender and my husband had the duck both excellent.Great wine list great service,friendly and happy staff.A must to go to if in the area. Shauna from St Pete

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went to The Pearl while on vacation in Dec. The food was outstanding! I can honstly say if was the best dinner I've had in years.The owner was very involved with his customers and very friendly. Our server, Donna, was very professional and courteous and very helpful. I would not hesitate to go back everytime we go to FL and I would highly recommend this fine restaurant to everyone. I true hidden gem!!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

In search of good food, my husband and I decided to try the Pearl restaurant on a recent visit to Florida. Although the restaurant is in a strip mall, it is cozy inside and we were seated next to the fireplace (although not a real fire, it was still pleasant). The waiter was friendly and helpful when we asked if there were any vegetarian options. He was able to identify two good choices, so we ordered one of each. My husband had the mediterranean pasta and I had the pasta primavera. Our meals came with salads which had a light viniagrette dressing and warm bread with a nicely spiced olive oil for dipping. I have never had such a good pasta primavera. The sauce was a lemon wine reduction of some kind with fresh herbs. I tried making the same thing at home and was unsuccessful unfortunately!
The portions were generous and in retrospect we probably could have shared a meal, but it was great to try two different things. I took a bit of my husband's meal and it was wonderful too! I would highly recommend this hidden gem.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

the early bird specials were a fraction of the regular price and pretty good, albeit a little bland. I suspect that the regular menu food was much more interesting and flavourful. It would appear that the early bird menu is prepared with octegenarians in mind, which makes sense, but was a lttle boring. But great value.

1  Thank jamester1
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and kids eat at here about once every two months. We are pescetarians (fish but no other meat) and they always do a great job with the seafood here. They have some more moroccan themed dishes here too and that is always fun to try but there are plenty of traditional dishes that have special touches that make them great. The staff is very friendly and in the one or two instances when something has done wrong we simply brought it to the attention of the manager and it was taken care of right away. We enjoy going to here and will return.
The outdoor seating they have often has smokers out side and there is very little cross breeze to take the smoke away.
Favorites include: Mussels, Bruschetta, and the Tangine flavoring