“Delicious food, great service”
Review of Pearl Restaurant

Pearl Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Superb food & service with a very ecletic menu.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Pearl is a gem in Treasure Island. Chef Karim is creative and uses fresh ingredients in inventive ways. Two of us shared the Coquilles St Jacques appetizer, the small house salad was crisp with a light vinaigrette. My husband had the duck with au poivre sauce, I had the sea bass with beurre blanc. We had thought we would have the fruit and cheese platter as our last course but there was no room left. The wines by the glass are reasonably priced and the service was friendly and attentive. We live locally and we promised each other we would come here more often. Next time, no appetizer so we can share the cheese platter.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hands down, the best place we ate at in Treasure Island. Higher priced than most, but cloth tablecloths, good wines, and excellent fare. Delicious lobster bisque. Impressive diver scallops. Succulent filet mignon. Would not hesitate to go again & again.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Our dining group of 30 was seated at The Pearl by 5:45 in time for the Early dining menu. We had $5 martinis and many of us chose one of the 5 $10 specials of the day, which included soup or salad. I had Paella, spouse had BBQ ribs. Portions were JUST RIGHT. Whether selection was off the main menu or one of the specials, EVERY ONE was satisfied. Incredibly they served our soup/salad course all at the same time....and our entrees were served at the same time as well....for all four tables of us! The service was attentive and knowledgeable and pleasant and accommodating. The food was excellent. There was plenty of room for us all. We will be back to try some of the other interesting selections on the main menu...like calamari steak, which one of our group had and liked a lot.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great place to take that someone special for a wonderful dining experience. Small place so on the weekends I recommend reservations. The chef is outstanding and always has some unique entrees to select from. This is not an inexpensive restuarant but if you want something unique and different--and exceptional this is the place in Treasure Island.

1  Thank smcjea
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Around Treasure Island, it's tough to find anything other than the typical fried "Captain's Platters." There are a few gems like The Lobster Pot, Middle Grounds, and even Dixie's Little Dog House and, now, the Pearl, that I have on my list of places that deserve my business. Nick, our server, was superb. Friendly, attentive, but not overly so. One of the best wait staff I've come across in a while. The food was, quite simply, sublime. The fish tagine made with hog snapper was terrific. I'd love to see more Moroccan appetizers and desserts. Even though the food and service are upscale, the dress is beach casual. I'll be back!