“We Liked It!”

Gators Cafe & Saloon
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Gators Cafe & Saloon is ready for your vacation in Treasure Island, Florida! What was once a small beach bar has grown into a 400 seat sports bar and restaurant complex, with waterfront views of historic John's Pass and the Gulf of Mexico. Our second floor comes fully-equipped with the Gator's Saloon Tasting Room, The Tiki Lounge at Gators and a sunset view that will make all of your Facebook friends jealous.
Reviewed July 6, 2009

It was what we expected, no thrills but the beer and food were good. I would recommend Gators for a casual lunch/early dinner. I liked watching the boats come by (we were there this past weekend for the 4th of July). Our overall experience was good and I would go back if ever in the area.

1  Thank AZTravelerceilola

Reviewed June 26, 2009

My friends and I were on vacation and stopped by here to eat one night (well my friends just wanted to get some drinks, but I hadn't eaten yet). The waitress was a young girl and sickeningly phony. My friends ate up her flirts as they ordered their overpriced beers. I ordered an $8 appetizer called "gator bites," which I intended to share with the table. The waitress obviously had no interest in serving me food and was more interested in getting my friends as drunk as possible so they would leave her a big tip. About 10 minutes later a line cook comes out of the kitchen and literally tosses a plate on the table as he is turning away without acknowledging us. On the plate was 5 golden brown things (1 for each of us I suppose?) about the size of small gumballs and a cup of some weird sauce. I'm not actually sure what kind of meat those things were made out of. Maybe there were alligator, who knows, they were terrible. But $8 for a half a mouthful of mystery meat? I was livid. I decided to forgo ordering a meal. I have never once said anything in a restuarant in my life, so hopefully this means something. When it came time to pay, we all split the checks. I hand the waitress 8 dollars in cash, then I give her another dollar and tell her "I would tip you more, except this appetizer was disgusting and the guy who served it was extremely rude." She then yells at me in a complete 180 personality twist "So you're taking it out on me???!!!" I ask who her else I am supposed to take it out on, that as the waitress it's her responsibility to take care of the people at the table and she obviously only cared about getting my friends drunk, and I remind her that I am still giving her a 13% tip. She then comes back with the receipts, throwing an absolute child's fit, points at my four friends and screams "You, you, you, and you have nice night!!" She then goes and cries to her boss/bouncer who tells us we have to leave immediately.

I have never, never had a more appalling customer service in my life. This is the single worst restaurant I have ever eaten at.

3  Thank sidespar
Reviewed June 23, 2009

this is a trap for the people going to this restaurant /there are no sign on the street facing this restaurant/no sign shown to parking/you will be issued parking tickets/cost 30.00 beware...trhe reataurant is with the policein this way.....a recind customer that had dinner there in first week in june/09....wrong to eat there//// bewere............do not eat here.....

1  Thank customerGeorgia
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Well the view is full of bridge construction barges... It reminded me of college and the frat.. though it was nice to site outside and beer and wings while watching the construction cranes on the river...
The place needs a major cleanings.. Oh! and across the river (John's Pass) is a nice looking boardwalk with nice restaurants.. Have to try that while I'm here...

1  Thank KeysRobert
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 6, 2009

First, this restaurant is about location. It's situated on John's Pass, right on the water, and advertises itself as having The World's Longest Waterfront Bar (or something like that). Ordinarily, this would allow for spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico, but during my most recent visit, barges filled the pass as construcition was being completed on the nearby drawbridge. Second, this restaurant is about the theming--you'll find decorations commemorating the University of Florida Gators and, to a lesser extent, the professional sports teams in the Tampa Bay area (the NFL's Buccaneers, MLB's Rays, and NHL's Lightning) everywhere. I guess that means the drinks and food occupy the third rung of importance here. That's okay by me--the drinks and food are still good, and they're made tastier for anyone like me who enjoys dining outdoors while surrounded by sports memorabilia.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook