“Pros and cons”

Gators Cafe & Saloon
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gators Cafe & Saloon is ready for your vacation in Treasure Island, Florida! What was once a small beach bar has grown into a 400 seat sports bar and restaurant complex, with waterfront views of historic John's Pass and the Gulf of Mexico. Our second floor comes fully-equipped with the Gator's Saloon Tasting Room, The Tiki Lounge at Gators and a sunset view that will make all of your Facebook friends jealous.
Chicago, Illinois
“Pros and cons”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Came here with my folks on vacation and there were pros and cons. The pros are the staff was very friendly and there is a great view, including dolphins (or at least they were there when we were eating)! It also has a lot of TVs and plenty of space. However, the menu is limited and the food was not great. I got the fish and chips and it was almost all breading a very little fish and was super greasy. My folks got the crab legs and gumbo, which they enjoyed, but the crab legs come in a pool of butter, which you may like or dislike. Overall, I see this as a place that would be better for younger people to come and drink and hang out. Might be good for appetizers, but there are other places I would get dinner at.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank joewitek

Treasure Island, Florida, United States
“Great Place for a Night Out Dancing”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I have been here several times. They have a huge dock and actually parked my 32 foot sailboat there more than once. They even served us in the boat. Live Bands every time I have been there. usually Progressive Rock and great dancing music. Nice location on Johns Pass. Food is average, it is your typical "Beach Fare" Service is OK. Drinks are average to good depending on how busy and time of day. They have several areas with 3 tiers of decks on the water. All said it is a "fun" place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Ken L
Tampa, Florida
“Great music, fun place”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Music is always good on Sunday's with Joe and Carlos, food is reasonable and the service is good. Always fun to sit outside and watch the water and boats go by

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank r k
Seminole, Florida
“So I just read that they have sold!! That explains it!!!!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have always recommended Gators to all of my northern friends when they come down here and even to my Florida friends when they are looking for a casual place to eat great food and relax with spectacular views! Tonite my whole attitude changed about "Gators". I will never be back!
Let me start with my entrance and coming upon many, many dirty tables followed by a waitress who acted like I was bothering her by being there. And then there was the whole do you want a drink thing. Followed by do you want to eat. That's where I really get pffffd!
I order my food and tell her exactly what I want because she is so busy....mind you I saw 10 open tables at that time and it was where she was pacing, We watch our order travel around the deck area twice with the boy stopping waitresses and patrons and asking if that is their order,, ( I see our waitress chatting up the bartender inside).
He goes back inside and coes out a few minutes later with our order...which is by now obviously cold and not with extra butter or aus jus as I have asked. And I look down to discover no silverware!
have only seen our waitress in person once and that was to give us our drinks and take our order...and she has not yet appeared as I am missing silver ware...so I take my cold prime rib ($16.00) into the bar area to where my waitress is yet again chatting up the bartender and ask her for it to be reheated and she says "sure hon" I mean really? Who says that to a person who has had to hunt you down to take care of her order...and before I can ask for silverware she is gone.
My food shows up some time later by her :{bartender must of been busy} and I aske her for silverware and she says use his....omg!!! She was actually expecting me to take my husbands silverware and claim it as mine!!!! I tell her he is using his and she says really for wings? WTF!
Well you can imagine the tip I left her...specially after we had to chase her down to get the to go box for honeys dinner...I didn't want mine after it went cold for the second time.
She handed the bill to my husband with a card that had my name on it...and told him thank you and have a good nite..totally ignoring me...and then as we were leaving {after obviously seeing her ticket and tip which equalled zero) she came flying out the door and exclaimed thank you and have a merry christmas....sigghhhhh if she had only paid that much attention to me when I was in there!!!! Well I know how to not treat customers when I do eventually open my restaurant I can at least thank Gators for that!!!
My advice....stay inland to eat...or else make yourself look like a tourist to eat on Gulf blvd...you will get better service then!!!! My rating is a giant 000000000000000

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank M G
Ohio
“World's Worst Onion Rings”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have never had onion rings that bad. They had so much breading, tasteless onions, and all over no taste. Service was bad. Next to no customers. Other food not too bad, and views were good.

• Visited November 2013