“Good eats”

Gators Cafe & Saloon
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Gators Cafe & Saloon is ready for your vacation in Treasure Island, Florida! What was once a small beach bar has grown into a 400 seat sports bar and restaurant complex, with waterfront views of historic John's Pass and the Gulf of Mexico. Our second floor comes fully-equipped with the Gator's Saloon Tasting Room, The Tiki Lounge at Gators and a sunset view that will make all of your Facebook friends jealous.
Portsmouth, RI
“Good eats”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Simple but good food. We liked being on the water and watching the draw bridge go up and down, we eyed the t boats that went through and even saw a few dolphins swim by.Enjoyed the live music, dueling pianos.

Minneola, Florida
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I decided to try out this place after looking it up online and viewing the menu. I arrived with a friend after 10 pm on a Friday for dinner and drinks. Apparently I was too late for dinner so I can't comment on the food. I sat on the patio and realized about 3 minutes later that there was no one working out there so I had to go to the bar for service. There was a live band playing, but the music was so loud you couldn't have a conversation inside. The weather was nice and sitting outside by the water was pleasant, but the only bathroom was outside the building and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I wouldn't go back even to try the food.

Treasure Island, Florida
“Passable Food with a Good View”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I do not recommend this place unless you like to look a marine traffic. Breakfast is what we were there for; the food was minimal - you will probably leave still hungry - and the service was almost not there! Waiting for a refill of coffee can leave you thirsty. One asked for bacon 'burnt' and got it minimally cooked. Had to send it back and it came out barely crisp! The eggs were ordered 'over medium' and runny white lie beneath. Butter and jam for the dry toast had to be asked for. The price was okay, but the waitstaff seemed to forget to bring back change with the bills rounding it up to the next nearest dollar! The view of Johns Pass saved the place! If you go bring something to read as you will have time with all the waiting!

• Visited July 2013
Orlando
“GREAT SPOT”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Went on the fourth and it was rained out lashing it down!!!
All was not lost my son won a lobster in the grabber machine and Brittni had it cooked for us
Cool location duellin pianos
Very nice people
Will return

Tampa, FL
“Lots of fun and good food!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I'm not much of a seafood eater so I was pleasantly surprised by the choices of "land lubber" entrees.

We had a large group so getting seated was a bit of a challenge but once seated (with a great view of the intracoastal water way) we placed our orders. Everything was good, the portions were VERY generous! I think we all left with to-go boxes! The only issues we had were that we had a fan blowing REALLY REALLY hard on my face, sort of looked like a photo shoot with large fans, minus the super model! The manager quickly turned it off, and I think had we not had to move so many tables to accommodate our group, the air from the fan wouldn't have been hitting any of us. The iced tea tasted like swamp water so we switched those out for sodas and water.

There were adults, teenagers and an infant in our group. The wait staff was amazing at keeping our drinks fresh and checking on us.

A 2 piece band started to play and they were quite good, although a bit loud for dinner time.

Gators is a nice lunch or dinner choice, whether you are a couple, family or group of friends. I certainly recommend it!

• Visited June 2013