“Enjoyable Stay”

Treasure Island Ocean Club
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This hotel is definitely nothing fancy, but overall it was better than expected. The room was little dated and the bathroom was very small but overall was pretty comfortable. The bedding was just a fitted sheet with a bedspread on top and the sheet kept pulling off the bed at night. The grounds and pool were very nice and well maintained. There were maintenance and housekeeping employees on hand at all times and they were very polite and asked us several times if there is anything that we need. It is apparent that the building and grounds have been recently fixed up. If they continue to fix up the rooms with updated bedding, lighting, etc. it will be a very nice place. The location is terrific, right on the beach but not in a super crowded area.

1 Thank Bill V
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Treasure Island Ocean Club would like to thank you for your review. Customer satisfaction is our #1 priority. We are always seeking new ways to provide excellent customer service to our guests. I know that our site says newly renovated but it is a work in progress. We appreciate the guest input and we will share this information with our Management and Staff. We hope that when you return to the area you will stay at Treasure Island Ocean Club again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were here yesterday. Although the staff and housekeeping responded to every request, our refrig did not work(replaced), tub did not drain(fixed) missing stock items ie ice bucket, cups, etc.
It is worn out, even though it says recently updated. The pool lounge chairs were "saved" with towels by guests at 7AM so we had no where to sit and the kids were noisy and running all over. The location is good, but I would probably not stay here again. PS. The continental breakfast was discontinued although the website still has a nice picture.

Room Tip: Away from pool or second floor to avoid noise and have a view. Housekeeping says ask for ocean view...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review Treasure Island Ocean Club. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Providing our guest with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. I have addressed this with the management team and I would love the opportunity to make this right and show you that we do know how to provide that customer service you deserve.

If you come back to the Treasure Island Ocean Club I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Iowa
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great location! Booked a 4 night stay here after reading tons of reviews on resorts in the area. Have stayed @ larger resorts in the area but wanted a different type of stay for our small family. The grounds were beautiful, clean & well kept. We booked a room on 1st level by pool, kids loved walking directly out to it, it was heated & very clean. Comfortable poolside chairs with nice tables/umbrellas/grill etc. Front desk area was great - enjoyed hot coffee each morning and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Walking distance to St. John's Pass & the busier areas of Treasure Island - enjoyed being close to restaurants and shops. Most relaxing trip we've taken in a while, can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Choose the main level rooms facing pool if you have kids.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Treasure Island Ocean Club. We truly value the opinions of our customers. Providing our guest with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. I am glad that you and the family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 5, 2014

When we arrived we were greeted by the owners and they were very gracious and helpful, Great location . Best beach we saw on our Florida road trip, Rooms were clean and soundproof . Parking was next to our room . Clientèle at the establishment were very courteous and respectful.
Bed was comfortable and room was clean.
Walking distance to restaurants, souvenir shops and pharmacy. Great views of the beach . About 8 minutes to shopping plaza by car. Would go back there again. Was great value for the money.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2014

If you go definitely get one of the ocean view rooms. They are nicer and bigger. Had to move to a garden view out last day and it was not as nice and a little dingy, but the ocean view room was awesome. Beds are a little uncomfortable and breakfast/coffee was bland, but I didn't care too much because it was in a great location and had a great pool area. 30 second walk to beach and beautiful views.

• Stayed March 2014
Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I called in November of 2013 booking a room for March Break for my family of 5. I paid a deposit for the room and received an email confirmation. I called a week before my trip just to make sure that I have the Ocean view room that was book and everything was in order. To my surprise, the lady on the phone said "I have a reservation under your name however, your room is reserved for this week". I replied with "how is that possible when I am still in Canada???". she was wondering why none of the employees thought to call me as ask why I didn't check in. She was rude on the phone and took over 5 hours to call me back after talking to her "manager!"

At the end of it all, I was left with less than one week to find a hotel for my family during the busiest season, Spring Break. I could not believe that they were not willing to help us out at all. Either find a way to get us into their hotel or find another hotel that had room.

I have never had such horrible service and will advise all my friends and family NOT to book with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank ashley d

Travelers are raving about these Treasure Island hotels

Madison, WI
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with 2 adults and 2 children. Booked a room with 2 queens. I knew this was a basic room that I booked, but it was very small. One of the beds was against the wall and the other had 1 chair separating the wall from the bed. There was not any room for and didn't have a table. Therefore we were very limited where to put our things. I know they are working on renovations but a lot still needs to be done. The bathroom tub was peeling on the bottom and needs to be replaced. Also, there were zero towel racks in the bathroom to hang towels. Upon arrival we only had 2 towels and had 4 people on the reservation. We asked for more and they brought us more.
On a good note the pool and grounds were very nice and well kept. The walk to the gulf is very far as this is a wide stretch of beach. So keep that in mind if you decide to stay here.
On a last note...this is a very basic motel. Do not expect any more. I knew that and was ok with it. But I think a lot still needs to be done in renovations so don't expect everything to be redone. 2 nights was plenty for us...I would not want to stay any longer. Also, parking was a major issue as there is limited amount.
Also, would comment the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family