“Everything we hoped it would be!”

Treasure Island Ocean Club
Ranked #22 of 48 Hotels in Treasure Island
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our stay at T.I.O.C. for spring break week was everything we hoped. We booked in advance and got a great rate. We stayed in #37 with a kitchenette, pull-out couch and garden view. By far it was the best choice as opposed to pool side which seemed less quiet. We had 4 women (3 were teens) and I was worried about hot showers, but we had no problem at all with not having hot water, even when we took them back to back. I was worried at first about parking, but the staff was clearly watching the situation & got unauthorized vehicles moved quickly all week. We were even able to get the same parking spot right outside our back door each time we returned every day! One morning I walked on the walking trail along the beach (3/4 mile long), and realized that we were staying in the nicest looking motel on the beach – very tropical and lush compared to all the others. Each morning the friendly staff was sure to catch us before our day’s excursions to see if we needed anything & were prompt in delivering. The pool is very nice and clean, & the gas grills looked new. We didn’t eat the continental breakfast since we had a kitchenette, so I cannot comment on it. Our room was nicely renovated, had a large flat screen TV and the hide-a-bed was really not bad considering it wasn’t an actual bed. It was nice having the living room effect during the day, so we liked the fold-out couch idea. The AC worked fine, and the ceiling fan helped distribute the air really well. Overall my family totally recommends this place and we will definitely be back. The town is quaint and fun, and the people were so friendly! Our only complaint is that we never could quite figure out the trolley system, but it worked out because parking wasn’t that hard to find around neighboring towns and we didn’t have to stick to a trolley schedule. We give T.I.O.C. an A+!

Room Tip: I'd personally choose a garden view. I didn't see a problem with AC noise because my family...

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We did a lot of research for a place on the beach between Sarasota and Clearwater. This place had some good reviews so we decided to take a chance. We were really disappointed, definitely didn't get one of the refurbished rooms . The room was dark and dreary and the overhead light only made it feel sadder. One of the beds was up against the window which made it difficult to open the shades to let some light in. The bathroom was small (the door had to open out into the room) which we could have been OK with, but it appeared they had "painted" the bathtub and the paint was pealing off. I left chunks of it in the tub and they were still there when we came back after the room had been made up. Water temperature of the shower was inconsistent changing from just fine to freezing cold or very hot. The dresser was beyond "distressed" with an open space where a fridge should have gone but they had brought in a larger fridge that just stood next to it. No doors on the closet and the weather stripping on the back door had come off most of the way across, we were lucky the rain wasn't coming from the north or it would have come in under the door. Not enough parking, coming in late the guy at the front desk directed us to a place mostly in the drive way. The pool looked nice and it was on the beach, that is the best I can say. So sorry that we didn't take pictures.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank annmD1421WP
Reviewed March 19, 2014

After 32 years on Ti Beach this was the best.

Rooms are excellent Staff are efficient and friendly.

We are Booked until The Year 2020 for 2 months each Year.

Thank You Crystal and Staff for a great time

Jim /Wanda

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had a day before we got into our condo and looked at the reviews on Trip Advisor! It was as nice as people said that it was. They have renovated most of the rooms and they were very nice. TV was new and the kitchenette was new also.Location is good unless you want to get to the ocean. These hotels are a long way to the gulf! If you are going to stay make reservations ahead of time. Stopping in I paid $150 in comparison to $99 when you stay longer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suzz22bd
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had a great time at this hotel, and it was very affordable! We were in room 33 with garden view. Staff was very friendly! Hotel is pet friendly which we liked! Quick walk to the beach right outside our door. Room was clean, comfortable and had refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, ironing board, iron, blow dryer. Tracy in housekeeping was great!!! The rest of the staff we met, Heather, Aldin, Crystal, Ray, Trevor and Linda were great as well! There was never a question we had that the staff was not willing to answer readily. Nice choice for breakfast bar as well in mornings. Pool was heated, and clean! We had room with garden view, and rooms were built with the windows so you can look out your window at the ocean view each morning! There are also chairs right outside your door as well to sit outside. Easy access to local shopping with boardwalk behind hotel!! We also grilled one night with the gas grills that the hotel provided. Thank you all at OC! We will see you next year with other family members we booked rooms for already!

3  Thank Ilene H
Karen P, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at the Treasure Island Ocean Club.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you for your great review. Customer service and guest satisfaction is important to us and we like to hear the good with the bad.

We look forward to your next visit to Treasure Island Ocean Club.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This motel is where I vacationed many times with my family back many years ago - formerly Trails End. But two years ago we looked at it and saw its very run-down condition and wouldn't stay there. So we were delighted to hear it had been bought and renovated in the past year. We stayed in a 1 bedroom Gulf front unit for two nights - on a weekend. The room was very nice - with new paint, furniture, kitchen area cupboards and counter top replaced. The door needs to be replaced still, and the AC was not real strong till the night when I nearly froze. When we arrived the bathroom fixtures had not been cleaned, but somebody came to correct that and apologized. The key wouldn't work to get us into the unit at first, so it took quite awhile for them to get us checked in. Breakfast was available until 11 a.m. and consisted of sweet rolls, bagels, fruit cups, and coffee. The patio/pool area was lovely. The shuffleboard courts need renovating next, but we enjoyed them anyhow. The hide-a-bed was more comfortable than others I've slept on, but still nothing like an actual bed. There were large groups cooking out around the pool Sat. night and drinking, which made us feel a little uncomfortable being outside. We had noisy people still loudly talking and banging around above us at 2 a.m.

2  Thank Marijayne
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I booked this hotel and I have been trying to call, email, Facebook message, etc. to ask some questions about the area since I have never been. The phone doesn't get answered, nor is there voicemail, my emails and facebook message have also gone unanswered. I am nervous to see what my stay is going to be like since I am already having trouble with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank JamieandRyan
Treasure Island O, Front Office Manager at Treasure Island Ocean Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

JamieandRyan, I apologize that you have been unable to speak to anyone. I checked the email and can not find any requests. Our phones were down yesterday (3/3/14) but I can not locate any other requests that have gone unanswered. There is a voicemail that picks up if the Front Desk is unable to. There are 2 email addresses guests may use: Treasureislandoceanclub@gmail.com and tioc.reservations@gmail.com. I will look for the email.