Sunday morning, July 7 I blurted out an idea of perhaps going to the beach for a long weekend to my youngest daughter and then I was obligated. I was stressed at first because I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I wanted to be on the beach and I wanted to be near shopping. That's not asking too much is it?
Anyway I called my "go-to" motel in Treasure Island Beach, FL that I've gone to before, Suncoast Motel (see review). But they couldn't get me in until Sunday, and I was going on Saturday and once I dock somewhere, I am NOT picking everything up and moving somewhere else after a day. So then I came across John's Pass Beach Motel. I wanted to go to John's Pass and my goal was to park my car when I arrived and NOT drive it again until I left.
After reading the reviews I was a bit skeptical, but after calling around to the surrounding lodging facilities I found this place to be much much less expensive and it was on the beach and directly across a bridge from John's Pass Village.
I know people have made comments about the Owner, but he is not from this country and after reading the negative reviews I decided to prepare myself a little on Polish culture and mannerisms. Basically, he is just "to the point and direct". He means no harm and he never got riled up on me. My room was not cleaned daily while I was there, but my garbage was taken out and my towels were replaced, and honestly I sort of like minimal intrusion.
The first morning we decided we would walk over the bridge and get coffee at this little coffee shop. Humidity and a bridge do not mix. And let me clarify, I am so out of shape so I'm sure it is entirely my fault. I basically drove the next two times we went and if you use the covered parking beside Bubba Gump Shrimp, it starts at 1.50 an hour and I never paid more than 3.00, so it was worth it. There is plenty of parking at Johns Pass Beach Motel, and funny enough we ended up with the same parking spot each time we left and came back.
The room is plenty roomy for two. We had an efficiency. No oven but everything else and I swear our tub was about the cleanest tub I have ever seen. Cleanliness was no issue, it's just entirely dated. There are grills outside if you want to use those. I can't remember but I think they were gas grills. Oh and we had a little screened in porch out the back door of our room. The pool area is OK. Its clean, but it would make a huge difference in perception if they would throw away the broken chairs, it just makes things look dumpy.
The walk to the beach is short and you are closer to the water here. The water in this part of Florida is so beautiful. If I came back to Treasure Island I would look into this motel again. It's just old Florida and dated, but again, the rates are so inexpensive so it's hard for me to fault.
At any rate, just be respectful and know that you are in this man's home and he is trying to make a living like anyone of us and don't take advantage and you will be just fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *** UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP SINCE JANUARY 2016*** We are a family owned motel located directly on the Treasure Island Beach that stretches for almost three miles. You can indulge yourself in a crystal clear water and enjoy the beauty of tropical paradise with luxurious white sand. We have beautiful heated pool and deck with georgous views of the beach. We are also located just a short distance away from famous John's Pass Village. There you can enjoy shopping, fishing, dining and just have fun and relax in a family friendly atmosphere. Treasure Island offers you tropical elegance, charm, and historical beauty. It will be the vacation you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your John's Pass Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John`s Pass Beach Motel And Apartments Hotel Treasure Island
- Johns Pass Beach Treasure Island
- John's Pass Beach Motel Treasure Island, Florida