“Over Rated - Horrible Customer Service”
Review of The Floridian

The Floridian
Cuisines: American, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I have eaten at this place no less than 7 times in the past 4 weeks. The food is inconsistent, and they refused to fix a meal I was shorted on. I have received good food only twice. I've had an issue with 5 of my 7 visits. It's just not worth the risk of being shorted to eat here again, especially after I specifically confronted the manager about my take out order issue. I was brushed off, and I had many receipts showing that I know I was shorted. Do not consider getting a pick-up order unless you want to break the taped-up sandwich and inspect it, or you want to take the risk of having an overly-saturated with mayonnaise mess with little meat. I've been shorted multiple times on the amount of meat on the sandwich as well. The sides are WAY over priced ....$3.73 for a small container of rice and beans? A foot-long sandwich, with side and drink? How about $14. You can feed 2 adults anywhere else for that price.

I live on TI and I will not be visiting this place again.

2  Thank NewFLResident

Reviewed September 6, 2010

We stopped by for a quick lunch. Their black bean soup and ham and bean soup both had real homemade flavor because they were made fresh that day. The sandwiches were tasty. We talked with the owner and felt right at home. Too often restaurants allow employees to just slap food together, so what I like about The Floridian is the staff took care to make each order right. Consistent quality often shines through the details.

Reviewed May 17, 2010

Ordered two cuban sandwiches to bring to the beach for lunch. They were very good. Not too pricey, a must stop for a quick bite to eat!

Reviewed April 9, 2010

If the locals eat here...you know its good! During a 7 day holiday we ate here FOUR times...and tried everything! We have a growing teen who loved the TURKEY and the CUBAN; our younger son loved the grill cheese and said it was THE best. Enjoy!!

Reviewed February 18, 2010

When we come to town, this is the first place we stop. Love their cuban sandwich. Try to make it back home, but just not the same. Key is the cuban bread and pork!! Great sandwiches at great prices. Enjoy...