“Great Sandwiches”

Cuisines: American, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very casual place. We stopped for a few sandwiches for a light supper. The place could use a more regular daily cleaning, but it's by no means unsanitary. It's just a typical sandwich shop as far as upkeep and presentation. The staff were friendly and courteous, and the menu has a wide variety of sandwiches and sides to go with them. We had a roast beef and a Cuban sandwich. They were really great. Full of flavor, and the bread was toasted perfectly. Is this place fancy in any way? No. But the food is tasty, and is a great value. We were well satisfied.

1  Thank thedoctor68

Reviewed August 13, 2013

A local recommended this place to us after we asked them where we had to eat whilst on holiday in st petes, he said we have to try the Floridian.
THE best sandwich I have ever had, I've never had a Cuban sandwich before but I'm totally addicted, we had the 9inch as it comes and it was more than enough to fill me up.
We are still on holiday as I'm writing this and I think I'm going to have to go back and get another one this week!
The service was great and the server was really happy that we came from the UK and went to his restaurant.
Also, you have to try the devil crab, we shared one as they are quite large!
All in all, you won't be disappointed in this place.

1  Thank Maria272013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love love love cuban sandwiches and when I heard that the Floridian made one of the best, I just had to try it. They did not let me down! I had the cuban sandwich with black beans and rice and my friend ate the Roast Beef sandwich and the Floridian Soup. (See picture of the food below) We were pleased with all the food we ordered. It has nice outdoor seating as well. I would highly recommend anyone eating there. You won't be disappointed!

2  Thank NurseJenn422
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My hubby ate here in July while in the area on business. He raved over the Cubans and soups, 'best he had ever had'. He knows I l o v e a great dish of black beans and rice. A week later I joined him and we met for lunch. Very small, casual place...very busy...absolutely the greatest black beans and rice. They also give you a side of chopped onions...can't be beat. In fact, I had him bring me a dish back when he came home last week!

Be sure to eat there when in the area.

1  Thank Wendy L
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hands down best Cuban I have ever had...and possible one of the best sandwiches...period..I have ever had. We visited our first day in TI...Hubby and I had the Cuban, both kids got the ham/cheese. We loved it all. I also got a Devil Crab...it was ok. I think it was just "not my thing" though because it seemed really well-made and daughter liked it a lot. Not horribly noisy and crowded when we went...inexpensive. Couldn't stop thinking about those sandwiches...so we went back the night before we left even though we could have went some place we hadn't been yet. This time the kids got the Cubans too and were in love! I tried the Floridian bean soup and it was great, as was the thin, chewy bread they serve with it. Gotta love a place that serves beer and won't wrinkle their nose at you wearing a swimsuit in for a quick dinner. Employees were really nice too! Husband said..."I'm going to be really sad when I can't get these back home.." And I have to say he's right...Miss them already. We'll be back...

1  Thank AliC81