“Best guacamole!”

VIP Lounge & Restaurant
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best guacamole!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The restaurant itself is very small. Seating is tight and expect a wait. The staff was nice. The meal was just average, but the guacamole was probably the best I have every had. I really recommend you try it even if you usually don't like guacamole. The salsa and cheese dip was also good.

1 Thank Iheartbostons2

Bradenton, Florida
“Looking for Mexican at the beach”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We travel from St. Augustine to Treasure Island (and surrounding areas) about every three month or so. We drove by here numerous times over the years and never stopped in VIP before. It's a hole in the wall place with a very friendly environment. It was a bit confusing at first because there was a table along the wall and no one said anything to us so we just went and sat down. Then from the back area we saw a young lady with a clipboard and realized there was a seating process. When the waitress came over we apologized and offered to get up and she said it was fine as no one was waiting at the moment.The food was acceptable, however, nothing like our local La Nopalera Mexican Restaurant. My husband's wet burrito was excellent, the fish tacos were OK, however I will not order them again. We ordered a Shock top beer and the trio appetizer. the appetizer was fine, but our beer was barely lukewarm. I asked for a glass of ice for mine. It was okay food, I suppose it is because we are so spoiled from our local place. If we are in the mood for Mexican the next time we are down there we will go in to VIP, however, I will ask if the beer is cold before I order!

1 Thank bobandrobinalways
Rotonda West, Florida
“Always the Best at VIP”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Always the best Mexican food....great service/great atmosphere, great prices, and convenient. Never knew what this place was, and unless your "in the know" you would never know it was there.

Visited August 2013
seminole
“Know what you are walking into”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I like the VIP..don't love it, don't hate it, but I like it, and here's why...
Margaritas, don't normally drink them but when I do want one, they make em great.
Food, have not tried everything as I stick to my favorites..Taquitos, wet burrito, and the best darn mexican pizza anywhere.
Atmosphere, the best part. I normally sit outside as I almost always have the dogs with me. A few tables, a little covered waiting area, it's nice. But what I really like is the people watching..the tourists walk in and think it's a big restaurant..nope, mostly a bar with some tables. Some people freak out and you can see it, they don't know what to think. Add in some sassy bartenders, and it makes for some fun entertainment.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank ThreedogsSeminole
Mobile, Alabama
“Decent food.... Strange atmosphere”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for your regular mom and pop mexican restaurant... This is NOT it. It is a bar turned into a mini restaurant. Food was good as well as service, but that is about all I can say. It is not a place ill visit a second time.

1 Thank Andy_and_Melinda