“Surprisingly good for hole in the wall”

VIP Lounge & Restaurant
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
NJ
“Surprisingly good for hole in the wall”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very good. Tiny place but crowded. There is also seating available out back. The Mexican Rolls with shredded beef were amazing. I had a burrito but friend had chimichanga which was very very good. Good sangria and margaritas. Great prices for what you get. We had plenty if leftovers. Would definitely go back.

• Visited March 2013

Kansas City, Missouri
“Bummed!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We heard rave reviews and were referred by several people to try this Mexican restaurant...we were super disappointed! It was not only bland but covered in so much sauce everything tasted the same. The "hot" sauces were not hot at all. It wasn't "bad" but it wasn't our standard of good Mexican food either!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Missyms11
Louisville, Kentucky
“excellent mexican food”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

smells great the minute you walk in. they need more space to accommodate their reputation. ordered a single buritto and it was more than enough for a meal.

Visited February 2013
England, United Kingdom
“Don't be deceived by the professional photos.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

So we were seduced by the photos of fresh looking salad ingredients. This place looks dive-y from the outside and is pretty much the same inside. We sat at the bar - big mistake as you see the wait-staff/bar people ditching all the food into big bins and then worse still tipping big bins of yuck into bigger bins! Unfortunately we'd already ordered by then and I was deserately in need of some fresh salad. We waited and waited and waited, probably the longest we've ever waited for food in the States. The name is a lie. VIP Lounge and Restaurant???? firstly, it isn't anything approaching VIP so that must stand for something else. It's certainly isn't a Lounge, no idea where you'd "lounge" as the tables block the way in and then there are a few bigger tables against the wall at the back, but nothing is "restaurant"-y about it. it's just a dirty sort of bar with some tables. Anyway,t he reason for going to a "restaurant" is to eat, and I must say when it finally did arrive it was quite tasty. My husband had fish burrito Chicago Style and I had Steak Fajitas. It was an enormous serving and I took enough home for lunch tomorrow. That's if I don't succumb to food poisoning overnight from thinking about how dirty the place was. It needs a fire hose taken to it to clean out every grotty nook and cranny. The only thing clean was the bar top and it seemed to be new - maybe of some sort of laminex product, but everything else was just... I couldn't wait to get out of there. The wait staff were rather slow and not very friendly either. I think I'll be having our final meal in St. Pete's at either of the two icecream parlours that rated nos. 1&2 of 31 restaurants on Treasure Island - quite bizarre when you think about it.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Aussiewriter
Boise, Idaho
“Food was yummy, Service was crappy”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed near VIP Lounge on our vacation recently. Both my husband and I manage a restaurant, so it's in our nature, to observe how the staff interacts with customers. We were amused by the waitress/bar lady (I'll call her D.) She was just rude, obsessively using the F-word, grumpy. But, we liked the food. Always good, large portions, good happy hour specials. We stayed in a hotel across the street, so we were regulars that week. We will be back to eat there, cause we like food, the service is just a bonus.

• Visited February 2013