“Great Place!”

Shrimpy's Blues Bistro
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are proud to serve the freshest Gulf Seafood on the market. In addition we only buy wild caught seafood we will NEVER buy any farm raised seafood. Our kitchen is a fusion of The Gulf Coast; from New Orleans to the Tampa Beach Coast and their regional influences. Most of our Ingredients are Fresh from the Gulf and Florida. We don’t have walk-in coolers or big storage areas so we have to go to the market often to guarantee the freshness of our ingredients. In addition we offer 16 craft beers on tap many from the local area and New orleans
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had an early dinner here yesterday. My husband and I try to make visit to Shrimpys as often as we can. We are locals and only live about 10 minutes away. I have eaten here several times since they opened and have never been disappointed. Great food, nice little place, and friendly employees. Get the Pot Roast!! Love it. We do wish you still did the 2 for 1 beer specials though.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were headed to a different restaurant and saw a banner proclaiming this the best in 2013. A guy coming out recommended the shrimp and grits and we laughed because my husband doesn't like shrimp and hadn't tasted grits ever. Inside is small but a friendly waitress was patient while we asked questions. I only had grits once before but like to try specialties and ordered the shrimp and grits after the waitress gave me a small taste. While I was waiting I kept thinking about the scene where Joe Pesci asks about cooking grits.
"and just how long does it take to cook a grit??" I had shrimp bisque while waiting, which was the hottest temp soup I've ever been served. I hate warm soup. This was perfect and I had to blow on each delicious spoonful. I think it had a chicken base. The grits eventually came out was it 20 minutes? - (my only knowledge of grits coming from the movie) - I don't know, but they were hot, creamy and cheesy with nice pieces of shrimp all around the plate. Good bread was served with it. I couldn't finish it all and asked, How do you reheat grits? - in a microwave. They were just as tasty reheated. My husband had a nice salad made of field greens and a ginger dressing. Surprisingly he liked it considering he is a french dressing on iceberg lettuce fan. He ordered pot roast which was served inside a mound of homemade mashed potatoes. Both dinners were special prices because we were there early. About 10 or $11. I can't wait to try their cuban and watch Pesci & Tomei now that I've tasted grits.

1  Thank Lita57
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Just returned from a meal at Shrimpys and have to say it was excellent! The fish spread for starters was really good, whilst the main courses were both nicely cooked and presented.

There is also a decent selection of craft beers on offer, which was an added bonus.

It made a nce change from the usual chain restaurants and would happily visit again.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We enjoyed both meals at Shrimpy's while we stayed near Treasure Island, Fl. this January. The Cuban Sandwich and shrimp choices were great! Restaurant is located in a strip mall, and it is small, so go early for a seat. The owner was nearby and friendly, explaining the unusual recipe for their coleslaw.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Was looking for something different on a cold and rainy day and decided to try Shrimpys because of the reviews on this site. My husband and I decided to try the gumbo and we were very happy that we did as it is really delicious. Our waitress Maria was very attentive and let us know about the great breakfasts that they also serve. Since we live in Pinellas County we will be back often.