“Excellent tomato shrimp bisque”

Shrimpy's Blues Bistro
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are proud to serve the freshest Gulf Seafood on the market. In addition we only buy wild caught seafood we will NEVER buy any farm raised seafood. Our kitchen is a fusion of The Gulf Coast; from New Orleans to the Tampa Beach Coast and their regional influences. Most of our Ingredients are Fresh from the Gulf and Florida. We don’t have walk-in coolers or big storage areas so we have to go to the market often to guarantee the freshness of our ingredients. In addition we offer 16 craft beers on tap many from the local area and New orleans
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Very small place (bar atmosphere) to eat but the food was very good. I had the crayfish pasta which was very good.

1  Thank Mommaspecial

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Shared a bunch of appetizers with friends on my first visit. The menu at Shrimpys is unique and the food is exceptional. Even the Chips & Salza came with shrimp in the Salza...delicious! They have wide selection of micro beer on tap. Other patrons were raving about the pizza, so went back in the morning for brunch and had the pizza! Fantastic! My friend had the French Quarter breakfast which was outstanding. They also have great coffee! Friendly staff who can let you know the best hot spots in the area.

1  Thank Jeffbloch007
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ordered from Shrimpy's for a family reunion that included Cajuns. We had shrimp & grits as well as mojo pork and rice. It was very good! Our guests from around the country enjoyed the food immensely. Not only was it good, but it was ready on time and was affordable...thank you! As final note, we live in the area and are often disappointed in the quality of seafood served in restaurants...not at Shrimpy's. The shrimp was obviously fresh.

1  Thank RJTampa
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I read the mixed reviews and decided to give it a try anyways. I was very disappointed in the quality of the food. I had the shrimp bisque (which tasted like basic tomato soup with cream and small pieces of shrimp meat). My husband had the gumbo which was fair and my daughter had the black bean soup which was ok. I had the half oyster and half shrimp po boy. It was 't terrible but it wasn't great either. It was all bread with very little seafood. The batter did not stay on the shrimp and the oysters were small and flat. They looked more like fried pickles than oysters. My husband had the scallops and they were disgusting!!! When at the beach you expect fresh seafood. Not bay scallops the size of peas. This was more of a Captain D's or Long John Silvers quality. If I were working there I would be ashamed to serve the scallops to anyone. The craft beer selection was good and the waitress was friendly and attentive but that doesn't make up for the disappointing quality of the food. This was our worst meal of the week and we definitely won't return next time.

2  Thank Gretchen H
Richard B, Owner at Shrimpy's Blues Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Its always makes me un-happy to learn of an experience such as yours. We strive to present our guests with service and quality that is both outstanding and memorable for all the right reasons. We do have a policy: if your not satisfied we will get you something you will be happy with. I hope on your next visit to treasure island you will give us the opportunity to turn your frown into a smile

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My fiance and I ate at Shrimpys last night. Sat at the cozy bar and Kim took good care of us. Tasty Banana Bread draft beer.... 2 4 1! Wine is 2 4 1 too. We started with the ceviche salsa, gumbo, and fried oysters. All were tasty especially the oysters that are breaded in corn meal and buttermilk, only. I enjoyed them so much I orderd a Caesar salad with more fried oysters atop the romaine and avocado. My fiance had a yummy spinach salad with blackened scallops. We will be back next week!

2  Thank Christopher B