“Don't miss this great place!”

Shrimpy's Blues Bistro
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are proud to serve the freshest Gulf Seafood on the market. In addition we only buy wild caught seafood we will NEVER buy any farm raised seafood. Our kitchen is a fusion of The Gulf Coast; from New Orleans to the Tampa Beach Coast and their regional influences. Most of our Ingredients are Fresh from the Gulf and Florida. We don’t have walk-in coolers or big storage areas so we have to go to the market often to guarantee the freshness of our ingredients. In addition we offer 16 craft beers on tap many from the local area and New orleans
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Fabulous food & drinks, reasonably priced. Fresh seafood & authentic Orleans style po'boys, gumbo, etc.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We've visited several times. The food is always fresh and good quality. Some of the ingredients are food service sourced, like the French fries and the chicken tenders, but the shrimp seems to be prepared in house using their own light breading mix. The Krispy Sushi Tuna Wrap is excellent, and their Po Boy shrimp sandwich is a worthy signature item.
They also have a nice selection of craft beers from . . . Pennsylvania. Not sure why PA, for a LA themed restaurant in TI, but, it works.
A fun touch are the jello shots that we are often greeted with - maybe to get the party started.
Overall, good food in a pleasant place. The staff and owners are very nice. Never had a bad meal there - most items are good to very-good, with a coupled of excellent preparations (according to your taste.)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Maybe i had a high expectations after reading good reviews on TA and Yelp but the place was less than average. everything was served on plastic plates and cups. My oyster shooter was in plastic cups as well. I've definitely had better oysters elsewhere. I had Florida Spinach Salad, which came with no dressing. I am not huge on dressing so i didn't ask about it but it's so strange to order a salad and it does not come with dressing. My kids' chicken tenders were like any other place's, and french fries were way too salty. Felt like i spent money on something i could prepare at home. Will not go back again.

Richard B, Owner at Shrimpy's Blues Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

dear Yumm 2011

I would like to first thank you for giving us a try but I am perplexed about your visit. All of our salads come with a choice of 6 dressings (printed on the menu) I talked to the server who said you requested oil and vinegar. As for the oyster them come in different sizes every week but they are fresh shucked.

If you do return please read the reviews from others and try our signature specialty items (what we are known for) ie. eggs benedict, po-boys, beef debreez, Cuban pork, shrimp, creole salmon or our super thin crust pizza.
You wrote a review based on kids meal chicken tenders and a spinach salad which you could get at any Dennys. so I don't feel you gave yourself a treat. I would suggest on your next visit you try the fried oyster Caesar salad with shaved parmesan and fresh avocado

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've eaten at Shrimpy's about six times and each time I have left very happy. Each experience has started with a very friendly welcome from the attentive staff. The food has been consistently fresh, well prepared and delicious.

The Beef De-Breez po' boy is as good as any I've had in NOLA. I am also a big fan of the peel and eat Gulf shrimp, a fairly simple dish but expertly cooked. The cajun crawfish pasta is a yummy twist on traditional Italian Alfredo. My most recent visit was for breakfast. Eggs Benedict is my weekend go-to and Shrimpy's offers a variety of unique Benny's. I tried the Salmon Benny and loved it.

Concepts like Shrimpy's ("fusion of the Gulf Coast; from Louisiana to our Florida Coast and south to Mexico") normally frighten me but Shrimpy's pulls it off with high marks. Even though, I do wish they had a few more NOLA staples like chargrilled oysters and blackened steak, oh, and a full liquor bar. My review would instantly change from very good to excellent with these additions.

I recommend you give Shrimpy's a try for a uniquely delicious meal in an inviting, casual setting.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

A small diner with a New Orlean's theme. Food was tasty with a little kick. Free Mimosa's with a full breakfast was perfect for girl's weekend. Service was friendly and the restaurant was clean. They serve lunch and dinner. We didn't have time to go back this trip, but will definitely go back on future trips.