“Well done”

Shrimpy's Blues Bistro
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are proud to serve the freshest Gulf Seafood on the market. In addition we only buy wild caught seafood we will NEVER buy any farm raised seafood. Our kitchen is a fusion of The Gulf Coast; from New Orleans to the Tampa Beach Coast and their regional influences. Most of our Ingredients are Fresh from the Gulf and Florida. We don’t have walk-in coolers or big storage areas so we have to go to the market often to guarantee the freshness of our ingredients. In addition we offer 16 craft beers on tap many from the local area and New orleans
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great beer selection, plus buy one get one. Food was good. Service was great, went out of there way to make us feel welcome & valued.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We loved Shrimpys! There is a wide variety of food on the menu, it was hard to choose (must go back). They also have a great selection of craft beers on tap. The service was very friendly. The restaurant itself is on the small side, but very nicely decorated and clean. The food was great. I had the shrimp tacos (2) with tropical slaw (that was awesome) and some of the best coconut rice I've ever had. My husband had the shrimp po boy which was huge, made with fresh Cuban bread and the black bean soup. The gumbo looked great, as did the seafood quesadilla. The frozen crinkle fries are the only downfall. As a local, this is a great place because they don't serve the "usual" beach fare. Prices are good and they have specials! I would definitely recommend Shrimpys and I will definitely return!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am still swooning over this place. Great atmosphere - laid back vibe and attentive service. I started with the shrimp bisque - intense, creamy and oh so flavorful. I wanted to take the bowl to the bathroom so I could lick out every single smidgen of this bisque, without being escorted from the establishment. I then had the ahi tuna wrap which was amazing - a huge portion of tuna with a crunchy cabbage filling stuffed into a heavenly wrap. The service was outstanding. Barbara timed my take out perfectly and she was welcoming, warm and efficient. This is the place to which I will be bringing my out of town guests who make fun of FL as being a place with only BBQ and beer.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband took us there during our weekend at the beach. he has been working in the area for the past week and have been going there for luch almost every day. They have the best Po Boy sanwich! They food is excellent and the sangria is awesome.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had dinner here with my girlfriend and her 4 year old daughter. The food was awesome, with some great New Orleans inspired dishes. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, clean, with just the right amount of lighting. The star here though is the ample beer selection. The staff is very knowledgable, and I really enjoyed my Abita, and then an Angry Orchard Cider on draught. The have a beer tasting sampler that I will be back for when it's just the two of us dining out!